Chapter 15: It Started Already?!

(Edited)

======= Previously on The Rise of Night ========

But aided by the hearth, he shall fend off all gloom"

He collapsed on the ground.

======= Now =======

Percy and Artemis were the first two to rush forward toward Apollo. They kneeled down next to him, Artemis trying to put her hand on his forehead, but quickly retracting it. "Hot! Hot!"

"He would wake up soon," three voices chorused as the fates appeared in front of them. They looked at the Olympians. "That was your first great prophecy."

Just as quickly as they appeared, they disappeared. "That was weird," Percy said, filling in the silence.

Everyone agreed with him. Apollo then sat up, unharmed. "What happened?" he asked, surprised that Artemis was hugging him so tightly.

He mouthed the words to Percy, "Why is she being so weird?"

Percy shrugged. After Artemis let go of Apollo, Athena spoke up.

"I think we should discuss the prophecy."

Apollo looked really confused. "What prophecy?"

Athena repeated the prophecy to Apollo. He nodded his head, thinking about it. Athena took the spotlight. Before she said anything, though, Zeus beat her to it.

"Athena, Hestia, you two are released from your maiden vow."

The said goddesses looked at him questioningly. He crossed his arms and grumbled. "For the prophecy, duh. I can be smart at times."

All the Olympians just stared at him, some with their mouths open. Zeus just glared at them. "What?"

They all looked away and mumbled. "Nothing," under their breath.

Athena seemed to look happier than usual, which went unnoticed by everyone but Zeus. He narrowed his eyes at his daughter. She started, "So, the first line could be about Zeus being angry at something-" cue glares by everyone in the throne room.

"I think Zeus just solved the second line, but it might mean something more," Athena explained. This was the first prophecy she needed to explain, but she was always up for it.

"The third line, aided by wisdom, love, and war might be about Aphrodite, Ares, and me," Athena said once again.

Ares glared at her. "Why am I in a prophecy?"

Athena glared right back. "It's not my fault, so deal with it."

Ares leaned back into his throne with a huff before glaring at the ceiling.

"The next line could mean many things," Athena explained. "There are many people that could bear a child."

"The next line probably means that Nyx will plot the child's doom," everyone nodded along, not wanting to be on the other end of Athena's glare.

"And the last line probably means that Hestia will help the child fend off the doom," Athena looked around the room. "Any questions?"

Zeus spoke up. "Were you already thinking about breaking your maiden oath?" Athena was left speechless.

"Why would you think that?" Athena said, trying to put on a calm face, but inside, she was freaking out.

"Well," Zeus started, "You looked happier when I announced that."