Chapter 16: Always Together

(Edited)

======= Previously on The Rise of Night =======

They pulled apart shortly after, continuing to stay in each other's arms. "I love you," Artemis susurrated into the night.

"Love you too," Percy murmured back before pulling Artemis even closer to him. They both leaned into each other's embrace, trying to enjoy the moment while it lasted.

======= Now =======

Zeus lunged at Poseidon with his lightning bolt in hand. Poseidon, in order to defend himself, summoned his trident to block his brother's attack. Soon, their powers were added to the fight.

Lighting bolts here and there, water floating around everywhere. Rain poured down even harder as lightning rumbled in the sky. The fight continued on, back and forward, none of them backing down.

Athena watched from the sidelines, wondering if she was the cause of this fight. Suddenly, a voice so loud Athena jumped from it said, "STOP!"

Hestia, the usually peaceful goddess, shouted at the top of her lungs. Everyone stopped to listen to her. It looked like even the storm stopped just to listen. People learned that when a peaceful goddess shouted, they should probably listen, unless they wanted to die.

The brothers put down their weapons and looked at their oldest sister. She then started talking, "You guys are acting like children! You guys are Olympians. If you can't find a way to start working like one, maybe you aren't one. So stop fighting and try to fix the problem civilly."

"Fine," Zeus grumbled before sitting down on his throne. He glared at Poseidon. "Why did you get my daughter pregnant?"

"It was an accident," Poseidon protested. Athena nodded.

Zeus' eyes lit up. "So you guys aren't together, or a thing, right?"

"Uh..." Poseidon thought before saying. "Actually, we are still together."

Zeus was about to get up from his throne and attack his brother again, but a glare from Hestia shut him down.

"Fine," he huffed. "I will allow you two to date as long as you don't break my daughter's heart."

He disappeared in lightning. The storms had stopped as well. The rest of the Olympians flashed away after Zeus, Athena and Poseidon flashing away together.

======= Line Break =======

Percy looked up at the sky in wonder. One second it was stormy and cloudy, the next second the sun showed up again. The dripping of water could be heard in the lake.

"What do you think they were discussing?" Percy asked as he continued looking up at the sky. Artemis tapped him softly on the shoulder. Percy continued looking at the sky though.

"It couldn't be anything bad,right?" Percy continued talking, not noticing that Artemis kept tapping on his shoulder.

"Maybe it's just a fight between your dad and my dad. No big deal," Artemis tapped her boyfriend harder on the shoulder. Percy finally turned around and faced her with a smile on his face.

"What do you need?" Artemis glared at him.

"Could you dry me? It's weird how you are all nice and comfy over there while your girlfriend is dripping wet," Artemis emphasized the 'girlfriend'. Percy quickly reached out his hand and dried her.

"Sorry, I was thinking about the storm."

Artemis had a smile on her face. "Don't hurt your brain."