"You know, you could show a little compassion about Bonnie." Nat interjected and he turned to her.

"I know, you're right. Her and her mom must really be hurting right now. Should I send lasagna?" He asked sarcastically and Elena glared at him.

"Okay, now you're just being mean." She said as she turned around and gestured at Nat for them to leave.

"I'm mean, you hate me. The Earth is back on its axis." He said out loud and Elena shook her head, starting to walk away. Before they could get to the door, she turned back around and looked at the vampire.

"You know, if you keep pushing people away, you're gonna end up alone." She told him blankly and turned around. Nat turned to Damon and smirked at him, to which he glared and walked the opposite way.

 Nat turned to Damon and smirked at him, to which he glared and walked the opposite way

Nat and Elena were waiting outside the hospital by their car for Meredith. They spotted her getting out of her car and walked up to her to confront her about accusing Ric of murdering all those people. She glanced at them and sighed as she kept walking.

"I'm due in surgery. Whatever case you're gonna make against Alaric, make it quick." She told them blankly.

"We don't have to make a case, he didn't do anything." Nat replied.

"How do you know? Sure you two live with him, he takes care of you, but do you really know everything about him?"

"We know enough." Elena replied and Meredith stopped walking and turned to face them, a frown on her face.

"Let me tell you what I know. He was arrested for fighting four times before the age of 21. When he was at Duke, his future wife, Isobel, filed a restraining order against him. Twice." She listed and Nat and Elena looked at her incredulously. "Although, then she married him, so I guess that says more about her." She scoffed and Elena crossed her arms.

"Okay, you're making all of this up." She told her.

"Am I? How would you know? You took pity on a borderline alcoholic vampire hunter and you never even thought to look any deeper." She said as she looked between both girls.

"How could you do this to him? He didn't kill anyone and you know it?" Nat asked angrily.

"You date vampires, Elena." Meredith told her sister before turning to Nat. "And you date Originals. It shouldn't come as a shock to learn that your guardian is a murderer." She told them before walking away and leaving them in the parking lot. Nat ran a hand over her face and turned to her sister. When she did, she noticed the look on her face.

"Oh no, you have that look."

"I have an idea." Elena told her and Nat stared questioningly at her. "Maybe we could break into her apartment."

"Lena..."

"Just- She may be hiding something."

"No. I'm sorry, I care about Ric, but I'm not getting into this mess." Nat said stubbornly. "Besides, I told Bekah I would meet her at the Grill." Elena rolled her eyes and bit the inside of her cheek. "Why don't you call Matt? Maybe he'd be up for it." She suggested and Elena seemed to think about it before nodding.