"I will come with you." XiChen volunteers without hesitation.

"Er ge, I already told you that you are needed here." Meng Yao shakes his head and points at a few older members, "If it is alright with you, I would like you to accompany me."

The older members nod after seeking permission from Lan XiChen.

Meng Yao looks around spots one of his men standing guard next to the cave. He motions the guard to approach him.

"Any activity?" The chief cultivator inquires, and the guard shakes his head. After dismissing the guard, Meng Yao gestures some men to move the giant boulder that is blocking the entry to the cave.

When Meng Yao had first been told that Wei Ying had suffered a great deal which had lead to the YYiling patriarch's death, he had presumed that Wei Ying must have tried to get his hands on whatever was inside the cave. Meng Yao, however, had not been able to understand who and from where had the Yiling patriarch got the information about the location of this place. The fact was that even he did not know the existence of the place until recently.

Meng Yao watches as the mouth of the cave opens, and loud screeches fill the air. Meng Yao signals the Lan members to start playing the calming music. Though the screams become almost tolerable, the black glue-like substance starts exiting the cave and attacking the clan leaders one by one.

"Shields!" Jiang Cheng exclaims and starts attacking the slimy substance with Zidian. "It's not getting destroyed!" The clan leader yells, observing that Zidian is doing nothing but slowing the thing down.

Meng Yao watches as panic spreads, and everyone starts using their weapons to save themselves.

The only weapon that seems to hold some power over the slimy substance is Liebing, XiChen's flute, which seems to repel the slime.

As the older Jade gets busy trying to protect as many people as he can, Meng Yao, with a withering look at the group walks into the cave with a handful of his trusted men. 'If I take any of the Lan members, Er ge will have trouble defending himself.' The chief cultivator reasons.

As expected, the screams become louder once again, and the slimy substance starts attacking the small group that had dared to enter the cave.

Meng Yao unsheathes his sword, Hensheng, and starts slashing at the slime. By the time the group has reached the innermost chamber, Meng Yao has already lost two men to dementia.

Meng Yao rushes towards the marble box and slides the top open. He peers inside the casket like box and finds a misshapen iron piece lying inside it defenselessly. He smiles triumphantly and picks it up.

The cave starts to shake as if hit by an earthquake, and the men lose footing and fall to the floor.

"Clan leader!" One of the men exclaims, pointing at the walls which seem to ooze the black slimy substance with revived vigor.

The men panic and start slashing at it.

'Damn it! I have no choice but to use the demonic cultivation technique.' Meng Yao decides and takes out a flute almost identical to Chenqing and starts playing it.

The slimy substance sways but continues to move towards the men who all look at their clan leader with a shocked expression on their faces.

Without bothering to save his people, who are unsuccessfully trying to slash at the grotesque-looking substance relentlessly, Meng Yao starts running towards the cave's exit.

Meng Yao's men beg and scream.

"Clan leader, please help us."

"Please stop, Clan leader!"

"We will die if you don't help!"

Meng Yao ignores all their pleas and concentrates on saving himself.

When he feels his flute failing him,

he takes out a few paper talismans and draws symbols on it before throwing it towards the gooey substance. The places where the talisman makes contact with the black substance, the gooey slime stops moving.

'Only the talismans work effectively.' Meng Yao concludes before putting away his flute and taking out a handful of paper strips. Once again, he scribbles symbols on it and starts throwing them around haphazardly before once again rushing towards the exit.

He loses way and enters wrong passages a couple of times because of panic clouding his mind and his judgment.

Finally, he finds the right tunnel and exits the cave with the slimy substance close at his heels. Due to his confused state of mind, and his already almost drained spiritual power, he doesn't realize that he is already outside. Meng Yao stops playing and yells, "Don't touch me you filthy things!"

With his eyes fixed on the slimy substance that is trying to lap at his ankles, he takes out a paper and draws the now-familiar symbol on it and throws it at the disgusting looking things. The talisman hits the substance, and it stops moving.

Meng Yao pants heavily, before removing the object from the front of his robes and a deranged laughter leaves his chest. "I am unstoppable now." He gushes.

{Note :- Hope you guys enjoyed this update. Writing action sequences is not really my strong point but, I hope it came out okay.

Please let me know how you liked it. I am still contemplating whether or not to add one special (at the most two) before ending the story, I am really confused ☹️.

Also I have updated The Fine Print chapter 8 in case you guys missed it. (lol, not that you guys are reading it 🤷‍♀)

Please Vote to show your support for this update if you have enjoyed it.

Thank you for reading.
Have a nice day.}