Chapter 12

Annie's POV
We arrive at the hospital and go straight to the desk. "Hi how can I help you?" The woman says behind the desk. "Hi we are Ms.Leblanc's kids. Can we see her?" I say as tears still flow down my cheeks. "I'm sorry but not right honey. They are still trying to stabilise her. If you want you can sit down over there and wait. I'll tell you when I hear any news about her" she says pointing to the waiting room. "Ok thank you." I say as me Austin and now Hayley who we picked up from school walk over to the room. We sit down and Austin comforts Hayley.

It's feel like it has been forever waiting in this room. I've stopped crying for a bit now. But my cheeks are stained. I see a doctor and I go to stand up but he goes to some one else. Austin took Hayley to the shop to get us some food. He walks back and hands me a bar. I don't eat. I can't eat until I know she's ok.

Doctors run down the hall into a room in a hurry. My hearts starts pounding. Is it her? After a couple of minutes a doctor comes walking over to us. We all stand up. "I-I'm so sorry but we tried everything we could. We couldn't save her." He says as I breakdown. I fall to my knees in tears. Why did it have to be her. Why? I sob as I try to catch my breath. He lead us to her room. I hold her hand as I cry harder.

My best friend. The one person who Understood me. The woman who never left us. The one parent that stayed by us. Gone. But why? Austin pulls me and Hayley into a hug as they cover her up. The ride home was silent. Tears still streamed down my face.

Austin pulls up to a drive thru. He orders but I don't feel like eating so I don't get anything. When we get home I walk up to my room. I go over to my bed and hold on to the teddy my mam has given me when I was little. I hold on to it tight as I curl up into a ball. I lie on my bed and cry. Why did she have to go? What will we do now? After a while I drift off to sleep. My eyes feel heavy from crying and my chest is sore. My heart hurts and my blanket is wet from the tears. I can't believe she's gone.