chapter thirty-six.

DANIELLE PUSHED OPEN THE DOOR, THE SHOWER TURNING OFF. She smiled slightly, happy that she was clean after a long day of working out in the garden. It had been three months since the walkers had invading Alexandria and she had felt that things were starting to be back to normal.

The woman looked around the bathroom and realized she had forgotten clothes. Of course. She thought to herself before rolling her eyes, opening the door to the bathroom and walking into Rick's room. Since his room was the only other shower in the house, besides the one downstairs, she used it, since Michonne had been in the other one, always brushing her teeth.

She walked towards the drawers, looking for one of Rick's t-shirts. Grumbling, she bent down slightly, pulling out every one. "What are you looking for?" Danielle gasped and jumped up, startled by Rick's voice.

"Um," She cleared her throat, pulling her towel tighter on her body. "Looking for a shirt. I forgot my clothes."

"One of my shirts?" Rick raised his eyebrows, crossing his arms. "That's like... the third one you've taken." He laughed lightly, moving over to his closet and grabbing out a dark blue shirt.

"Well, all my shirts are either tank tops or long sleeves, so..." She trailed off once she saw him walking closer to her, a small smirk on his face as he held the shirt in his hands.

Rick stopped right in front of her, pinning her between the dresser and his body. "Here." He told her, the woman swallowing nervously before grabbing the shirt from his hands.

"Thanks." She proceeded to walk back to her room before Rick's voice stopped her. "I'm going on a run with Daryl. Maybe I could look for some shirts for you?"

She turned around with a smile. "Yeah, maybe." With that, she walked out, Rick looking towards the ground with his tongue running on his bottom lip, picturing her body against his.

-

"And what's this?" Danielle pointed to the drawing on the card, Judith furrowing her eyebrows as she pondered on it for a second. The woman was currently teaching her all about the alphabet, and so far she was doing good, she had a feeling she was gonna be a smart kid.

"Mm." Judith hummed, her hands bouncing up and down.

"Yes! 'M'." Danielle laughed, clapping her hands slightly.

"Hey, mom." Nathan's voice made it's way to her ears and she looked up, flashing him a smile. "You still doing this?"

"I'm teaching her the alphabet, Nate. It's gonna take more than thirty minutes." She laughed at him, Judith getting up and walking towards the bathroom.

"Where you going?" Danielle called out to the girl.

"Hands!" Judith stated shortly, Danielle and Nathan both laughing at the almost two year old girl.

"I just came in here to tell you..." Nathan trailed off, clearing his throat loudly. "I'm gonna go hang out with Carl."

"Carl?" Danielle hummed, giving him a knowing look as she got up from off the floor.

Nathan laughed humorlessly, trying to hide his smile. "It-It's not like that."

"Why not?"

Before he could answer his mother, there was a loud clang heard from the bathroom, followed by a loud cry. Danielle was the first in the bathroom, seeing Judith on the floor, blood dripping down from a cut on her head. "Oh my god."

She cradled her head and held her close to her chest, Nathan standing in the doorway, frozen in shock. "Go to the infirmary. I'll meet you there. Tell Denise what happened." Danielle rushed out, Nathan nodding his head and running out.