chapter twenty-one

RICK WAS FEELING A SENSE OF DEJA VU WHEN HIS EYES DARTED AROUND FRANTICALLY AS HE LOOKED AROUND THE CHURCH.

"Maybe she went for a walk." Glenn suggested to Rick, trying to calm him down.

"She would have come back by now." The man was worried. Even more worried than he was at the prison. It was because you have feelings for her now. A little voice told him in his head, making him close his eyes tightly as he tried to think of a plan to find her.

"Okay. Sasha, Glenn, you come with me-" Rick got cut off by Maggie as she came into the room, saying that there was something outside in the grass.

Rick's eyes widened, running out to the grass, seeing Bob there with only one leg. The group rushed him inside, not knowing if Danielle was still out there.

-

The woman ran through the woods with a determined look on her face, her knife in her hand as she sliced through the walkers head's.

Danielle looked up to the sky, a little more stars in the sky then when she first got kidnapped by the termites, meaning that it was deeper into the night, maybe 1 or 2 am.

The church came into view and she smiled slightly, happy that she had finally found her family once again. That happiness was gone as soon as it came as a hand went over her mouth and the sound of walkers were sounded around them.

Gareth told his people to open the door and they obeyed, kicking the door open and it slowly moving with a creak. "Listen. We know whose in here and unless you obey our rules, then I won't kill your good friend Danielle."

Danielle almost gagged at the way his breath smelled as he was so close to her face. Like cooked flesh. She swallowed down the vomit, her eyes darting around the room slowly, trying to find a weapon to kill these guys if things go south. The woman then remembered that she had her knife, which was now at her neck as Gareth held it there tightly.

The man held his hand up, telling his people to move around the church to the doors where her people were and a silenced gunshot went off, Gareth's fingers being blown off and into the floor at Danielle's feet.

She took this chance to bite his arm that was around her neck harshly and grab her knife from her throat, aiming it at his. Danielle gave him a glare just as Rick came into view, his gun held up and a deathly look in his eyes as he looked at the cannibal group.

"Get on your knees." Rick ordered, the group didn't move, that was until Gareth told them to do what he says, and they immediately got on their knees, putting their weapons in front of them.

The two leaders of each group conversed as Danielle watched them, Rick pulling his gun out and cocking it, making Gareth flinch and wince in pain as his hand bled out more.

"Besides, I already made you a promise." Rick pulled out his machete with a the red handle and hacked it into Gareth's body, making a loud squishing sound as it hit his flesh.

Danielle took a step back as she watched her group kill the group that tortured them.

It passed around five minutes and the whole group was done with their killing spree and Rick turned around, meeting the scared, wide eyes of Danielle as she looked at the now dead bodies in the church.

Her eyes flickered up and met Rick's as he reached out to her, hesitantly placing his hand on her shoulder and she instantly wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug, realizing how much she missed him even if it was only a couple of hours.

The two pulled away and Rick kissed the woman on the head, her smiling slightly. He then started to scan her body, checking for bites or scratches and he sighed in relief when he didn't find any.

"You're okay." Rick stated, nodding his head as he looked at her, as if he was assuring himself she was actually here and well.

Danielle nodded, grabbing his arm and squeezing gently. Her eyes then widened as she realized something. "Bob, h-he's still out there-"

"He's with us." Rick told her, pointing to the room that he was in.

Danielle rushed to the room with a slight limp in her step and then her jaw dropped in shock when she saw Bob lying on the bed with Maggie beside him and a cold rag on his head.

"Bob, I-I'm so sorry, I should have done something I should have." Bob held his out to tell her to stop talking and she did, just silent tears falling down her cheeks as she watched him slowly die in front of her.

train wreck | rick grimesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara