Seth released an inward groan even though he failed to keep his own curiosity at bay. What could he possibly lose by stealing a simple glance? The guy was hot that he could admit and guys like him were always out of bounce. You couldn't allow yourself to look at a straight guy twice because you didn't want to be that gay fool who goes around biting his nails over a hot straight dude. It was toxic, let alone not to start mentioning unhealthy.

"Dude, seriously? That guy screams straight from a five hundred mile radius."

"Okay fine, jeez! I was just trying to help a guy out." A small pout crossed her face as she trailed her lean fingers on the alcohol glass rim. "Wanna go dance with me?" She asked in full blown anticipation.

Exactly five minutes and two hard shots later, Seth rose from his seat dragging Marianne down with him. "Come on now, Annie. Stop sulking it's not cute, show me what you've got."

Marianne grinned as she allowed herself to be hauled on to the heated dance floor, where Seth drew her into his arms almost like a possessive boyfriend and rocked their hips in perfect sync as though they were oiled nuts and bolts.

Leonardo thought if he could melt into this club he'd be the vibe, moving around as easily as the dry ice smoke, soaking into the loud chatter, dancing upon each octave in his fancy disco shoes. In reality he was far from that little shiny fantasy lingering at the back of his head, but at least someone was.

For a while he'd been closely keeping an eye on a particular young man since he started taking shots on the bar. Right now, he was moving to the music as though it had fused with his body cells, letting the rhythm rock him. There was something intoxicating about the ecstasy being reflected on the guy's face, like he was in another world different from everyone else's altogether.

All of a sudden Leonardo felt magnetized towards him, maybe he was just caught in the moment but he found himself wanting this guy. It was called lust at first sight but damn, who wouldn't want to touch that hot specimen? To feel all the heat he was generating on that electrocuted dance floor?

Fuck!

The hot ones were always either hiding deep in the closet, tied down to a freaky girlfriend or worst of all hitched. Leonardo's jaw gritted as he watched the guy's girlfriend looping her arms around his neck—claiming him. The guy pulled her closer, and there was no denying that their bodies fused into each other perfectly well. It made a guy's heart ache.

Leonardo was sweating buckets, something borderline anger and jealousy gripped him so hard that he failed to breathe properly. He felt like a toddler yearning on a fluffy cotton candy from afar but could not have it, sweet but so—so far away. This sucks! Leonardo was now more than ready to leave the stupid club.

"You're leaving, already." It wasn't a question. Giovanni unhooked his arm which was secured around his girlfriend, Cassy. "What's the sudden rush all about?"

"I can't be showing up late reeking of a hangover on my first day as chief, now can I?" Leonardo replied, maintaining his casual demeanor. "Have fun you two."

"Oh come on man." Giovanni started nagging. "Live a little, you see that guy you were eye fucking the whole night? He seems to be alone now. I dare you to hit on him."

Was I being that obvious? Great.

"What kind of a dare is that, clearly he has a girlfriend. Besides, we're not sixteen year olds anymore, Gio." Leonardo said, not willing to delve into anything more than that. It would make him sound self-justifying and guilty.