Chapter Six

Yeosang's POV

I looked down at my phone noticing it was only six in the morning. Now that it was daylight I had decided to get up. I quietly opened my door before heading downstairs. The living room was casted in orange as the sun rose above the trees. I was about to open the sliding door but was stopped when I heard feet behind me. I made sure that my sleeves were down which they were thankfully.

"Thought that would be you sneaking out of the house". Hongjoong said as I shut the door. I turned towards him noticing he was looking weak. Worry flashed through me at his state. "I'm not sneaking out. I'm just going out on the deck. Have you been eating? You look weak judging by your state". Hongjoong rolled his eyes looking out the window. "I just ate something that isn't settling well. The only thing you should worry about is yourself. I heard you accidentally showed your scars". He trailed off looking behind us.

I tensed at his words my stare hardening at the scenery. "It was a mistake. I'm so used to it being us that I forgot a girl was here. Besides I don't think she saw anything it was very brief. I'll just have to be more careful". I didn't want to reveal myself to that girl. For her sake I hope she didn't notice my scars.

It was something I wished never happened to me. But I was cursed with it forever. There was no cure. "I'm going out to get fresh air". I opened the door before he could reply. The fresh air hit me relieving me of my worries just enough where I felt somewhat relaxed. I closed my eye letting the cool breeze fan my face.

The peacefulness didn't last long as the sliding door opened. I refused to open my eyes. I already knew who it was.

"About last night and what you said, I'll help you hide your secret. But eventually she'll have to know why you hide in your room at night. I may not know what you go through but you aren't alone. I know to some of us you haven't opened up fully of what happened and that's okay. We all have our stories and that's what makes us. But you Yeosang, you're different than the rest of us. You have something in you that I have never seen before in anyone that I have met or known. But one thing I can tell you is that don't let your condition define you. Only you can determine if you want it to or not. But I know that isn't you".

I looked over at Wooyoung anger coursing through me. "You don't know what it's like Wooyoung. This condition I have isn't like anyone I know. Why me of people to be cursed? What did I do to deserve it? These scars is what I am reminded of every time I am late. You don't know the pain I go through". My voice trailed off as flashbacks of what happened came back.

Suddenly a hand landed on my shoulder startling me. "Hey, it's okay. You haven't had an episode in a while. You're strong Yeosang use that to power through your flashback. You are the controller". Wooyoung whispered as I opened my eyes. What happened to me was permanently engraved into my memory. Something I wish I could blackout for the remainder of my years. But I'm not that lucky.

Wooyoung slid down my sleeves as I came out of my stupor. "You may want to hide these. Just be strong Yeosang you can do it". He flashed me an encouraging smile, but it didn't reassure me. It was bound to happen again. And I can't stop it.

Suddenly the door was pushed open cutting us off. "Sorry to interrupt but we're having a meeting". Yunho said popping his head out. We nodded following Yunho into our office. Everyone was sitting around the room waiting to hear what our leader had to say. Hongjoong was sitting behind his desk a solemn look on his face. His red hair was disheveled as he was reclined back in his chair. I glanced towards Seonghwa who only shrugged.

"I have some news. I just got off the phone with a neighboring clan known as the Stray Kids clan. They are paying us a visit tonight. They said they need to talk to us about something but don't know the details yet. Bad thing of that is we have a human inside our house. And if they know she's here who knows what is going to happen. We can't have our council members find out that we're protecting a human. If they find out we'll all go to trial". Hongjoong stressed as he rubbed his temples.

Both San and Wooyoung looked guilty as they both shrunk towards the wall. "So what do we do with Jisoo? Obviously Stray Kids can't find out. Some of them might not fight the resist to bite her. While yes they are our friends but only one is not nice directed towards humans". Yunho spoke up as the room fell silent. Hongjoong ran a hand through his red hair before looking at all of us.

"I have a plan, but it requires us to work together without causing a fuss. Here's the plan. San and Yeosang you are going to take Kim Jisoo with you to the cabin in the woods. You'll have to leave in a few hours to get a head start. We can't risk getting caught by others. Masking her scent will be difficult to other vampires. So make sure she is guarded at all costs. As for us who are staying here we'll say that Yeosang and San left for duties elsewhere. Make sure you pack food for her so she can eat. Yeosang you'll have to be extra careful at the cabin. You can't have another incident".

"But Hongjoong, why does it have to be me to take care of her? It was Wooyoung and San who found her. They should be the ones to take responsibility for her". I tried to reason but the look on his face made me quiet down.

"Wooyoung has his duties to do here. I choose you both because you're our top assassins who is the quickest out of the rest of us. Both of you have to protect her with every fiber of your being. I don't want to hear it because I teamed you up on purpose. You're both the quickest combined and most skilled to protect her. I expect you guys to come back in one piece. The meeting is over. You all may go to your duties". Hongjoong dismisses us but San and I both stay.

"How soon will they be here?" San asked. I could tell San felt guilty but something else was bothering him. "I'm not sure but you all need to leave soon. It's for the better that you get a head start. I'll alert the other clans to tell them that you're passing by. Just watch your backs when out there". San and I nodded before heading out. "Guess we'll start packing and hope she'll go". San spoke as we made it to our rooms.

. . .

Jisoo came down the stairs as our bags were lined up against the wall. She looked at them confused. "What's with the bags?" She asked pointing towards the bags. Hongjoong looked her way a nervous look setting on his features. "You along with San and Yeosang are going on a little trip for a few days. I know this is sudden and out of the blue. But you need to go with them". She looked at him baffled.

"I thought by today that I could go home. I have work I need to get to in a few hours. I can't go to a random place when I barely know them". She said as she looked our way. "Look Jisoo unfortunately going back to your home is dangerous. Those men could be after you and recognize you if they had friends. We're protecting you for the time being but as of now you can't go back. Not at least with one of us to protect you. Right now you need to leave with Yeosang and San. They will protect you on you're journey". Hongjoong tried explaining.

Jisoo glanced at all of us uncertainty crossing her features. "What about my job, my bills I have to pay for?" She asked as her tone shook. "We'll alert your boss when we get to where we're going. We'll take care of everything. Come on we need to get there before sun down. We're burning daylight". San spoke as I couldn't speak. I was getting nervous we were losing time and they were gaining ground. She looked between us but I could see it in her eyes that she made a decision.

"Fine we can go, but after this trip I'm going home". She said. We grabbed our bags making our way towards the door when everyone came to meet us. "We'll call as soon as we arrive. And we'll take good care of her". San said beside me.

Everyone followed us outside the house before yelling. "Be safe!" I looked back behind us just as Wooyoung flashed me an encouraging smile. I looked up at the sky noticing that the sun was still resting high in the sky.

That's good at least. Perhaps time was on our side after all.

That concludes the end of chapter six of A Different Kind. Stray Kids will be coming in the next chapter. What was your favorite part? I want to thank everyone for reading this book and supporting it. I can't thank you enough of how much it means to me. I hope you all are enjoying this book as much as I have been enjoying writing it. What do you think happened as to how Yeosang got those scars? Any guesses? Leave in the comment box what you think. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Here is an extra long chapter to fill up the days that I couldn't write. Hope you all enjoyed the chapter.

Don't forget to stay awesome and until next time ✌️