I Will Never Be Like Her

Start from the beginning

"Imani it needs to be done," she tries to explain. "You see what is happening to Adit."

"Adit lost her family. She lost the love of her life along with her children. You are choosing to leave me. You chose to push me away. Out of you what? Out of what Kaira? Fear?" I ask. "We better than that babe. Our love is supposed to be greater than that."

I move away from her. I can't stand to see her cry. But a big part of me doesn't care right now. She did this. She broke us. Because of something I did damn near a hundred years ago. I am so angry with her right now. I feel as if I can't even look at her. I turn to leave and she grabs me.

"Imani wait," she pleads.

Snatching my arm away, I shake my head. "No, this what you wanted. The same fear that you had all those years thinking that you were going to lose me one day, is the fear that I had in the beginning but I came back and I loved you hard with everything that I had. But this isn't fear Kaira. This was you being selfish pure and simple. You pushing me away. Adit has her reasons for being Adit. I am not like Adit. But maybe I should be since you think I will be anyways." I say walking away.

Looking around I see Adit and Hot Fry watching me. Hot Fry goes to come after me but Adit raises her hand refraining her from doing so. I walk aimlessly along the streets. I just want to get away from everyone right now. How could she think so little of me? I have never given her a reason to doubt us. Once we got together for real, we were together. I thought nothing could ever tear us apart, but hey I was wrong. She could. And she did.

I find myself at the home I have been sharing with Adit. Standing in front of it, I am hesitant to go inside. I turn around and head to where I believe the gym is located. I walk in and can smell the faint scent of sweat that will probably forever linger here. I take in the boxing ring in the center. The heavy bags lined around, hanging from the ceiling. The weights and equipment littered around.

I can sense Adit's presence before I see her.

"Did she tell you?" I ask not bothering to elaborate.

"No."

"But you knew." I say.

"We talked before I brought you here. It wasn't hard to tell where Mizaru's head was." she states. She looks at the boxing ring. "Think you can take me?"

"Hell, no even at my best I know better." I say.

She smiles. "You may be surprised. Come on you need to release this energy." Snapping her fingers, the current around us changes accompanied by that strange black mist.

Looking down I see we are now is standard boxing gear. I look towards the door as it opens and see the guys walking in.

"Oh shit, the pup is taking on the big dog," Hot Fry says.

Shaking my head, I climb into the ring and prepare for the best or worse. Adit is leaning against the ropes casually. Here goes nothing. Getting into a fighting stance in the middle of the ring, Adit swaggers her way to me.

"What do you want puppy? Traditional boxing or MMA?" she asks.

Oh hell. I look at her towering over me. Her reach will be crazy even if she goes easy on me which I figure she won't it will still be hard to get to her traditionally.

"MMA."

She nods once, motioning her hands to come and get it. I charge for a take down. Oh goodness it's like slamming into a brick wall. She ain't budging. I feel her hands under my arms as she throws me out of the way. Landing on my back and sliding across the ring, I jump up and do a series of kicks and punches, watching as she dodges them all, before finding her opening and slamming her palm into the center of my chest. That must be what a shock from a defibrillator feels like. Breathing in and jumping up I fake a front kick to try to land an overhead. She steps into my guard and throws her forearm and elbow against my chest.