"And you're sure it's a vampire?" Elena asks, exchanging looks with Nat and Ric.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean that it's Klaus." Nat went around the counter and pushed Ric out of the way to make the coffee herself.

"Doesn't mean it's not." Elena said. "I'll call her."

"Well call her on her cell."

"Tell her thank you for her help."

"All right. Well, I gotta go. I'll see you two in a bit." Caroline said.

"Caroline wait, just... keep tonight small. Please?" Nat asked, pouring coffee on a cup for her.

"Wear something pretty." Was all she said before she hung up.

"Ugh." Elena sighs and grabs the pot, pouring coffee on another cup. Ric had now walked over to the couch and folded the blanket.

"Was that uh... Stefan's news?" He asked gently.

"Could be more Klaus victims." Elena said before putting down her cup and staring at Ric.

"You certain Stefan's still with him?" He asks them both. Nat nods and pours another cup of coffee.

"Easy to be certain when the alternative is that he's dead." Elena shrugs and Ric and Nat exchange looks. "Are you sure you're still okay on the couch?" She asks him.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm good." Nat picks her cup and the other she had just poured before walking towards Alaric.

"You spent half the summer on it." Nat nods towards the couch. "If you need your own bedroom...?" She trails off.

"Eh, sleeping in your dead parent's room or my dead... girlfriend's room." He says awkwardly. "Nah." He shakes his head.

"Alright." Nat says and hands him the cup. "Got it." She turns to Elena and they start to walk away before they're stopped by Ric's voice.

"Hey, guys." They turn to him. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks." They say at the same time and smile gently at him before leaving the room.

They arrive at the Boarding House an hour later and walk through the front door

They arrive at the Boarding House an hour later and walk through the front door. They walk a bit further and get to the parlor, looking around for any sign of Damon.

"Good morning." His voice comes from behind them, so they turn around immediately and see him standing naked.

"Hey, I was gonna..." Elena widens her eyes and turns back around quickly. "Oh!" Nat just crosses her arms and glares at him. "You heard us! You knew we were here." She exclaimed.

"Yeah, you should learn to knock. What if I was... indecent?" He smirks at Nat and she shakes her head, a smile curving on her lips at his antics. Nat grabs a towel sitting on the couch and throws it to him. He puts it around his waist and Nat nudges her sister, signalling that he was covered.