Mummy??

ey this is gonna take place in the mom's p.o.v starting from the beginning to know why her mom was late...and what her job is :)  Hope you like it. Oh an I hope you enjoy the song too xD

The first day....

The rain beat down on the windshield, and small dots appear from the wipers. I had to get new ones, but maybe later. I look at the clock and see it's about 4:00 and I was still an hour away from Abbey's school. 

She was the best out there. With her father's smartness, and wisdom, along with her cockiness and stubbornness from me. I didn't have the heart to tell her to stop rejected all the kids who came up to our door asking her for help on some things. It was her decision not mine. Besides, we never really got enough time to talk or have 'girl time' because of my job. Being a lawyer and everything really wasn't good with children. All the cases in different states with different people almost every week. Good thing I was well known or we might not have enough money to support ourselves.

But this week almost got out of hand, and I was running late for my daughter. It was a large case on a serial killer. He has killed many people in his days, but now he was claiming he didn't do it. I of course was on the defense side of the story, defending his case. I mean, there was no evidence of him doing it. Yes, he did claim to be the killer, but he apparently didn't kill the girl. No prints or anything. He also claimed for it to be his brothers, Carlos and Jake, but he had no information on where they lived, so of course nobody believed his story. Except for me. It was just the looks in his eyes, and his frown, I was too sympathetic. But all well, I did have a child you know.

I focused out of the windshield waiting for the traffic jam to clear up. I didn't have all day, I did have a kid to pick up. But the people never seemed to start moving. So I turned on the radio.

Of course it was a commercial, commercial, commercial. Finding nothing really interesting on I just turned it back to the original station, leaning my head on my arm. Soon the news came on, saying that in downtown Atlanta there was a large traffic jam, caused by the recent crash down on the interstate. OF COURSE, just what I needed, I slammed my hand down on the wheel. I knew that this was going to take forever.

About an hour later the jam seemed to clear up, and I was moving along smoothly now. I rushed to the school, my speedometer going up, threatening to go way past the limit. Then my surroundings came clear to view and knew I was close. Since I was already late, past 6:00, I thought to go and get some smoothies for us to enjoy. Win some lose some, it was how life went.

So around 7:00, I made it to the school. The lady was a pain in the rear end, messing up my order about 5 times. Finally I just had had enough so, I just took the drinks and made my way out. When I got there, nobody seemed to be there. The lights were off, and no cars in the lot. Only the little outside lamps were on, but that didn't help. No one was there. Well..she may have walked home, though its a bit out there, but she could have.

I circled the lot and was just about to leave when I saw something on the ground. I got out and went up to it. Like a ruler or something. Wait, no it was a pencil. But I looked closer and saw that is wasn't just any pen, but my daughter's. It was the larger dark red pencil, that had her name on it. Abbey was very tidy so she wouldn't have left it just lying on the ground like that.

Something must've happened to her. And probably something bad at that. Who knows, I may have been overreacting, but something just felt wrong.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

When I got home, my husband's car was in the drive-in. That was rare, since he was always at the university, teaching all the day 'till about 10. I pulled in and got out. My heart racing at the fact of Abbey. I got my keys out and opened the door. "Hello honey I'm home." I said rather dramatically. Gerard turns and looks at me smirking. "Well this time I am home on time rather than you." I roll my eyes.

"Yeah yeah. But hey have you seen Abbey? I thought that since you were home you probably took her home before me." I said setting the untouched shakes on the counter, as well as my jacket in the closet. See we had a fair house, not too large to brag, but not all that small. It had about 7 rooms in it, 8 and a half bathrooms, and 2 living rooms. Pretty nice, as well as a large room for entertainment; bookshelves, computers, piano, guitars, etc.

"Actually no, I came home early to celebrate." I cocked my head. "Celebrate?" I say sitting down on the couch next to him. "Yes, I got promoted to a larger and more advanced university!" He said looking excited for a moment, but then sad. "But the bad news is, is that it's two hours away from here, so I would be getting home later and later." I flashed him a sympathetic smile. "It'll be fine. Plus great at that! You got a better job, more paying, and more fancy. What else is there not to enjoy? Let's go celebrate." I said but I didn't budge, remembering Abbey at that moment. "Crap, where is that darn girl?" I mutter under my breath. I then get up and start pacing. 

"Clair? Whats wrong honey? You seem off." I try smiling, not to show him I was weak, but it didn't happen. "Gerard, I don't know where she is. She didn't call, or contact us. She's just gone!" he looks confused for a moment, then realizes who I am talking about. "She'll turn up, she couldn't have run off, and nobody could have taken her. Probably just ran out of batteries on her phone and went to a friend's house. Don't be so preoccupied." He smiles warmly and that makes me less nervous. "Well if you think so." I say quietly, as a knock comes at the door. 

Thinking it was Abbey I run excitedly to the door, and open it. My smile was replaced by a frown as to not seeing anybody. But then I see a piece of paper on the mat with words on it. "Well that's odd." I mutter. 

I bend to pick it up and read it.

'Miss Conway,

We have you daughter, and I don't want this to be messy. Just get off of the stupid case with my brother, along with an amount of money. We want 2,000 dollars cash and fast. You have until the end of this week to retrieve it or you daughter loses her life. Think that through.

Sincerly, J&C'

I reread it again and again. Then start to quiver. J and C had her, and knowing who that was I couldn't suppress the sob, and let it out. Jamar was right, it was his brother's. But we had no real known information on them, so what now?I had known something wrong had happened to her. She wasn't just at a friend's house. She was really taken.

Sobbing like mad I ran down to the comfort of Gerard.With a shaky breath I looked up at him "Gerard, she really was taken, she's gone!"

Duhh duhhh DUHHHH. So what do think'll happen. Will the mom bail?? Or find out before she gives in to the case, losing one of her life's work. :)
who know.