Where is she?

Detective Stein walked in the doorway and closed her eyes taking in the aroma of our house. "Well Mrs. Clair, curry tonight for dinner? Do you even miss your daughter." She says coldly. I almost gape at her. "Of course I do Detective Stein! I love my daughter. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't continue our everday lives!" She 'hmphs' me and looks up the stairs.

"Mind if I,look in her room for a moment? It could have some clues as to where she is." I shake my head no. She nods and walks up the stairs. I follow her as she turns the corner to Abigail's room. Her room was the same. A small pile of monday's clothes was on her chair and the ceiling fan was on. Her hamster was chewing on the bars of its cage, so I gave him some food. 

Detective walked slowly to her bed and closed her eyes,slowly rubbing her hands on the edge. "Hasn't been used since Monday morning, little wrinkles are in the sheets." She mutters into a recorder. She puts her manicured nails on the bottom of the bed and lifts up the mattress. Nothing was there. She continues to walk around the room, and starts looking behind pictures and curtains, until she finds a picture with words on the back.

Stein takes it slowly off the wall and reads them. "Abigail wrote lyrics to some song. Possibly a song she made up but didn't want to show anyone. Not really a clue to anything." She clicks off the recorder.

"Well, Mrs. Clair, I shall be back here tomorrow to search the house. Our forensic specialists will be here on Thursday, tomorrow, at 3:00. You will be here right?"  I think of the money I needed. Gradually during this week I had been getting 500 dollars at different times of the week. By saturday I would have the money to meet the kidnappers. She still needed further directions. I nod.

"Good." She starts to walk off. "Oh, and one more thing. That note you got...the ransom. It was scanned yesterday and they don't have any prints. But we found out the type of pen that it was written by..and yeah. Just wanted to let you know." Then she stalked off out the door into the cool night.

***********

"Honey dinner. It's your favorite, curry." Gerard says. I walk into the kitchen with a small sad smile, and I kiss his cheek. "Thanks, I wont eat too much, I'm not all that hungry." He nods knowingly.

His eyes were slightly reddened, but not too much. He did have to stay calm and collected. He had work tomorrow morning. I walk up to the stove and grab my plate, and get a small scoop of  curry. 

I eat it slowly while standing up and stared at nothing thinking about the ransom. When would I get another note? Would it have the directions on where to hand the money? What would happen if I did get it and  actually got to where I needed?

All these thoughts surrounding my head caused me to jump when Gerard softly placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Clair, it's going to be alright. I'm sure they haven't hurt her yet, and I assure you they wont in the first place." I nod slowly, not sure if I could agree.

****************

The bed I was laying on dipped slightly as if someone sat on it. I stir as a cold draft touches my warm skin and I grab the sheets to warm myself. But there wasn't any sheets. I open my eyes and find the source of the draft. My robe had slipped off slightly and my thighs were showing. I look up and see Jake staring at me, and my eyes widen. 

I jump out of bed hurting myself tremendously and cover myself up. "Shit Abigail, don't do that. You lost alot of blood..." He trailed off and picked me up bridal style and put me on the bed. His gaze hardened slightly. "You have 10 minutes to get dressed and ready to go." And he was gone, the door locked behind him.

I stare at the door, still imagining Jake there. Was jake actually being nice to me? What was his plan? Then I remember something. The journal, the fuzzy purple journal with the black strap. I knock on the walk soflty and find the hole where the wall comes out. I take out the journal, and stare at it, the soft fuzziness touching my skin. I set it down on my bed.

The drawer opens in my hand and I take out the pen that is inside it. My hands slip open the black strap and I open the book, flipping the to the last page that wasn't written on. I grip the pen tightly.

October 16, 2010

Courtney, may your soul rest in peace

-Abigail.

And that was all I wrote as I  stuff the journal under the bed. Speaking of under the bed, I get out the bowl to the sleeping mouse. She jumps and start frantically running around.

I open the bowl and she runs off into the closet somewhere. I didn't care, I couldn't keep her any longer.

I open the wardrobe and pick out some clothes, not forgetting new underwear. I slip them on and wait for Jake...hopefully.

The doorknob jiggles a little and opens. In comes Carlos, I grimace. "Well hey there, sleeping beauty is awake." He laughs, "Well not for long." Then his hand reaches out for my arm, grabs me and sticks a needle in, the same one from the first time I saw him.

My vision blurs again and the itching is soon to follow. "Where the heck.." my speech slurs, "do you get this stuff." And I'm out like a light.

hehehe I went a little earlier..I was slightly bored today so just.. thought :D HEY why not.

VOTTE :DD