I stood up, going to my room to take a nap. I took the suitcase with me.

I ignored some stares I was getting and walked up the stairs, walking past my mate's room.

That's when I stopped in my tracks.

I don't know what happened earlier to his scent that changed, but I loved it.

I need to thank him for carrying me, he could've just ignored me.

I must've been heavy..

Ignoring my own tiredness, I knocked on his door.

When I got no response, I put my hand on the doorknob and opened the door, seeing the lock fall to the ground and I regretted it straight away.

My eyes widened, my nostrils hurted at this point. My knees weren't wobbling because of me being exhausted, but because of the scent that was suffocating.

I was directly looking into Taehyung's eyes, not even knowing why. I never dare to do that, but somehow, the scent got the best of me.

It was addicting, very, very addicting but too much to endure.

I just stood there, not knowing what to do. I couldn't move, my mind went blank. The only thing I thought was, 'is he having his rut?'

Taehyung's POV

I was panicking, absolutely panicking. I have no clue what is happening, but my wolf is trying to pounce onto the omega in my room right now and I'm not even actually having my rut.

I quickly stood up and pushed Jungkook out of my room.

..I thought I locked my door?

I inspected the lock from the inside, realizing that it was broken.

Great, just great.

Why didn't I notice this earlier?!

Jungkook's POV

With wide eyes and small steps, I managed to get in my room safely. I put the suitcase next to the broken closet and laid down on the bed.

I wanted to sleep, I wanted to recover so I would be in great shape to hang out with Sungjae later on.

However, it took a while to do so.

My mate was all over my mind. My wolf wants to help him during his rut, I want to be there for him.

But I know he would never, ever, want me to help him, I know he would rather want a different wolf to help him.

Anyone but me.

I smiled sadly at the thought. Not having a lot of tears left, I finally fell asleep.

When I woke up, I was sweating. I rubbed my head, wide awake.

Tears formed in my eyes, when my stomach burned.

I was having my pre-heat.

I wasn't supposed to have my heat nor my pre-heat for another two weeks, but I guess Taehyung caused it.

I groaned, stepping out of bed, wanting to take a cooling shower when I realized, I can't use Taehyung's bathroom right now.

I closed my eyes when I felt another twist and sting, and I slipped down on the ground against the wall.

'Jimin..' I breathed out, mindlinking him.

-'Jungkook? What's wrong?' I could hear the worry in his voice.

'My stomach--pre-heat, help, please..~' I moaned out.

-'I'm coming right now, don't worry, okay?' Jimin tried to comfort me, knowing how clingy and needy I am in pre-heat.

And that's just my pre-heat. In my actual heat I need to take suppressants, and I needed to stay away from Jimin because my wolf wanted his help, not caring he's like my brother.

I heard the door open and I looked at Jimin, who squatted down and lifted me by holding onto my upper arms.

"Don't worry, Jungkookie. I'm here, okay?" I nodded, Jimin placing me back in bed. "I'll go get a few things, I'll be right back." He hurried away, coming back with a wet cloth and a glass of water.

He placed the cloth on my forehead and I gulped down the water quickly.

"J-Jimin~" I looked at him with half lidded eyes, opening my arms wide. He smiled and laid down next to me, hugging me while holding onto my waist.

Jimin's POV

I'm trying to be there for my best friend in any kind of way, even his heat and pre-heat. During those times, I always try to 'stimulate' mate behavior to supress the pain for him.

For example, by holding onto his waist, cuddle with him 24/7 and scent him very, very often.

Since I'm an Alpha, this has even more effect than a Beta or other Omega would do this for him.

Suddenly, I thought of my own mate. Yoongi. He can't find out I'm helping Jungkook in this kind of way, otherwise that would harm our mate bond. Badly.

Jungkook clutched on me tightly. "It h-hurts.." I hummed in understanding. "I know Kooks, I know. I'm here for you, don't worry." I reassured him, tilting his head the other way so I could scent him.

I rubbed my nose in his neck and he went silent for a moment, this action surely helping.

His mate should be doing this instead of me right now. Ridiculous.

Jungkook's POV

I tried to calm down, before I mindlinked Sungjae.

'H-hey, um.. I just wanted to let you know what I unfortunately can't come to hang out with you, due to some.. Circumstances.'

I bit my lip, feeling another wave of pain hit me but Jimin lessened it by rubbing his nose against my neck once more.

Then, I got a response.

-'Oh.. What happened if I may ask? Are you okay? Is it your head??' I smiled a small smile at his worrying.

'No.. It's not that.. You see..' I hesitated before I told him.

'I'm having my p-pre-heat right now and it hurts really, really badly..' I shut my eyes tightly, trying to ignore my pain to talk to him properly.

-'Oh no! I wish I could help!'

'Don't worry, it's okay, Sungjae. We should meet up another time..' I bit my lip harsher, drawing blood.

I scrunched my nose at the metallic taste.

-'I understand! Don't worry about it, get well soon! I'll mindlink you in a few days, we can see from there.'

'Thank you Sungjae, really. I'll talk to you then.'

We broke the mindlink and I pressed on my stomach, groaning.

"Jimin..~"