Call

Warning: references to child loss etc

"You can go if you'd like. Maybe get some breakfast. I'll be right behind you in a sec" you told Missy, nodding your head to her.

She furrowed her brows at that before raising a brow at you. You smiled a little while she gave you a weird look.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

You sighed before shaking your head "no not at all. Everything's fine. I just want a bit of alone time while I do something" you said quietly.

She looked at you in concern at that before tailoring her head to the side a little in confusion. You sighed before shaking your head.

"It's nothing don't worry. I just wanna call home to my siblings. I haven't really filled them in on everything that's happened. They don't even know I'm back on the TARDIS with you guys again. For all they know they think I'm still at home. I don't want them going to check up on me and thinking I'm missing or something. They've been through enough as it is when it concerns me." You said the last hit quietly, looking down at the ground with a small frown, feeling the emotions start to pick up.

The loss of your child didn't just hit you hard. It also hit your siblings, especially Joanna. They were looking forward to this baby, your first ever child. Joanna was the one who saw you most of the time during your pregnancy. Of course Charlie came over too. He was incredibly nice to you. But perhaps it was just the knowledge of what carrying a child felt like and the support you needed and all the feelings that came along with it and excitement. Jo gave so much advice to you and shared so many stories with you on what she did with her children, sharing tips and tricks with you.

You don't really know if she knew how much those times you spent with her like that meant to you. Even if it hurt to think back to that, knowing it was all to lose it in the end. The pain...the grief. It was horrific. You could see it in everyone's eyes. Though you knew that they couldn't possible know what it really felt like for you. All that excitement and preparation...it felt like the gods themselves were punishing you for something you didn't even know about! Punishing you just because they could. Kicking you back down when you were finally getting up on your two feet again, tearing your heart into two.

"Hey" Missy said softly, bringing your attention back and making you look up at her "it's okay. You don't need to ask me you know. When you want to call back home. You can do whatever you want. Do you want me to stay with you?" She asked.

"I'd rather be alone if that's okay. I kind of want to talk to them both properly. Have some privacy" you replied, biting your lip a little.

She nodded her head in response and understanding "okay my love" she smiled, walking up to you slowly, placing a reassuring hand on your arm "I'll be in the kitchen. Preparing breakfast" she smiled, making you laugh softly back at her.

"Thanks. That sounds brilliant" you replied, looking up at her.

She leaning forward and kissed your forehead gently before smiling and leaving you to it, closing the door behind her.

You sighed before turning around and grabbing the phone, sitting down on the bed and opening it. You decided to go on the group chat and call them both from there, not really wanting to call them both separately. You didn't want to have to explain things twice when you'd rather just get it over with.

You pressed the call button before putting it on speaker and waited for them to pick up. To your surprise both of them picked up pretty quickly, making you smile a little and holding the phone closer to you. You really missed hearing their voices.

"Hey guys" you spoke into the phone, awaiting an answer.

"Hey, (y/n)." Charlie replied.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Jo asked cautiously, sounding slightly worried, not to your surprise though.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine. I just...have something to tell you guys. But I..don't want you to get mad or upset or anything okay" you you quickly added on the end.

"I'm not going to be angry at you" Charlie replied.

"Yeah we'd never be angry at you. Is something wrong?" Joanna asked.

"No, no nothings wrong. And..I didn't mean being angry at me. I meant...well being angry at the others." You trailed off a little, starting to worry about their reactions.

"What others?" Jo asked you.

"So...the doctor came back for me..." you bit your lip "in the TARDIS..with everyone else. It's where I am right now. They came back for me guys!" You smiled happily.

"Wait really? I'm so happy for you, you were right they would always come back for you" Charlie said happily, and you could hear the joy in his voice.

"So..she came back after two years of disappearing then huh?" Joanna asked with a slightly pissed off tone "why now huh? Is she treating you right (y/n)? Because it feels like these people who you think are your friends are just taking you for granted. I don't want them to keep dropping in and out of your life like this (y/n)! I'm tired of seeing you hurt!"

"I know!" You quickly said with a sigh "but she didn't mean to do that. It was a mistake...time travel can be..tricky. But look, Joanna I'm happy. Like...really happy. I haven't felt like this in ages and I owe it to them. I think travelling and..seeing the universe again has really helped"

"Jo she does sound happy" Charlie added "and she's doing well. Listen if you're happy then I'm happy. Just promise me to stay safe. And call whenever you feel down"

"I will" you smiled, loving how supportive Charlie always was.

Joanna sighed a little before replying "okay. Well thank you for telling me. Stay safe! And come visit sometime. Just...call me if you get hurt again. Because I won't be forgiving if it happens one more time"

You nodded your head enthusiastically "it won't I promise! Thank you! I love you both! Talk some other time?"

"Yeah" Charlie said "goodbye (y/n). And keep safe out there"

"Yeah keep safe. We love you" Jo added.

"I love you too. Bye" you smiled before switching off the phone and sighing in content.

That went a lot better than you thought it would.