"He was there?" I looked at Hosek giving him a confused look, but he just nodded his head. I tried thinking of all the people that were there that night. The only two I hadn't met from that night was the one who held my hand and carried me. "Does he have longer black hair?" Hosek nodded. "Where is he?"

"Like I said he is very busy and currently he is trying to figure out who the men were that attacked you last night."

"This is all just too crazy. I need to go home. I need to get to work."

"I'm sorry, but you won't be able to do that." My head shot up and glared at Hosek.

"And why not?"

"In order to protect you from whatever or whomever attacked you, you needed to disappear. According to the authorities of Clarmore, you died while hiking. They will piece everything together in the next couple of days."

"This can't be happening. This isn't happening. Everyone thinks I am dead?" I couldn't believe anything that I was being told. I was happy with my life and now it was all gone, just like that. I put my hand on my chest trying to breath

"Alanna, darling, everything is going to be ok. This is your home. We will take care of you." Wilma put her hands on my shoulders, trying to calm me down.

"What is going on out here?" I heard the low voice echo through my chest as the Alpha stepped onto the porch. Everyone froze and turned towards Taehyung. His eyes were piercing as he looked over at me. I felt this tightening in my chest as I looked back at him. I felt this need to reach out and touch him, but I kept to myself. His hair fell over his eyes just a little as it started to curl at the ends. He looked tired and frustrated and my heart started to ache for him. He looked right at me. "Come with me." He turned and walked back inside while I followed. He led me into the library that I had found earlier. He motioned to a table where I sat down. He walked over to a bookshelf and pulled out a couple books. He walked back to where I was sitting and placed the books in front of me. "I know you like to read so here is the history of our kind and our customs. I'll umm be in my office which is the next room over. Come find me when you're done." He turned and walked towards the door, but I called out to him.

"Taehyung." I didn't know exactly what to say to him, but I didn't want him to leave just yet. He stopped and turned around waiting for me to continue. "Umm thanks...for, last night." He simply nodded and then walked out of the library, closing the door behind him.

I grabbed the first book I saw which looked extremely old and had a picture of the moon on the front. Carefully turning the pages, I read:

The story of our kind has been passed down from generation to generation so that we may not forget who we are and who we come from. Our history is that of a love between a goddess and a human. Selene, the moon goddess, grew fond of a human who she looked upon every night. He was a lonely man who would stare at the moon, admiring the beauty. This man had a brother who also looked upon the moon with glistening eyes, but Selene only had love for one brother as she could see the true intentions of their hearts. Wanting to be closer to the beloved brother, she came to Earth to meet him face to face in her human form. The man fell in love with her beauty, but most importantly, her soul. So that they might have more time together, Selene bestowed a gift upon the man. This gift would give him incredible speed, strength, and a longer life. This was the gift of lycanism, or being a werewolf. Even though she was a goddess, Selene only had the power to visit her beloved when the moon was the fullest. 

For many moons the beloved brother and the goddess would meet, but she saw how lonely he still was. He brought his closest friends to her whom she also bestowed her gift upon them. They became the first werewolf pack. The jealous brother was filled with rage that he was not chosen by Selene nor to be in the pack. It is said that he made a pact with an evil entity so that he may be able to kill the beloved brother. The entity forged a blade that would be able to pierce the skin of a werewolf, rendering it unable to heal as well. The jealous brother was also given a skill ability to make him stronger and unseen by the pack.