Forreal? (Part 2)- Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

"Go get dressed." Carter started to laugh. I laughed with him, instantly brushing shit off. I wasn't worried.

*

*

*

As we were on our way to pick up our babies, Carter and I were in the car goofing off. For some reason, everything was just hysterical this morning. I felt like I was getting my best friend back, it was such a great feeling.

"You know what I've been thinking about?"

"What?" I asked him.

"Getting my hair cut. Since we're taking the boys to get hair cuts, I wanted to cut my shit too." he said, running his fingers over his hair. My jaw dropped to the floor.

"Babe, you serious?!" I yelled. "You've had locks-"

"All my life. Exactly." he finished my sentence. "Why you think I haven't been letting you retwist this shit in the last month? I wanted my shit to grow so I could cut my locks off. I'm tired of this shit." he laughed. I pouted and he rolled his eyes a little.

"Stop it. It's not gonna be real low. You'll see." he leaned over and kissed me on the cheek.

"Okay." I obliged. I couldn't blame him. I change my hair style all the time- everybody wants change once in a while.

We finally pulled up to Jazmine and Andre's house were all 4 of our babies were playing around with Janaye in the front yard. Amarie was sitting on the porch watching the kids while she was on her laptop. As soon as she saw us get out the car, she smiled & waved.

"Hey lil' sis," Carter and I greeted her. She greeted us back and she handed us a random envelope.

"What's this?" Carter asked her, taking it out of her hand.

"Something from Jazmine and Dre. Oh, and Kyree's tooth." She said with ease. Our eyes widened as she continued to talk.

"Caden and Kyree got into a little fight this morning." she said.

"Over what? " we asked.

"Kyree tripped over his shoelace, after me telling him over and over again to tie it, and Caden laughed at him so they started fighting and Kyree's tooth came out. But, he told me that his tooth was already lose so there wasn't too much damage. I helped him gargle salt water. " she answered. I was so glad that Amarie worked at a daycare already. She knew how to take care of kids just like me or Carter would.

"Thank you so much Ame." I said, followed after Carter. She nodded and smiled in response, revealing her purple braces. For her to be 22, she was more mature than a couple grown folks that I knew.

Carter pulled out his wallet and handed her $200 while walking over to the kids. I looked in the envelope and came across Kyree's tooth and an invitation to Chuck E. Cheeses for the kids today at 3.

"Daddy! " all of the boys yelled. Camille on the other hand rolled her eyes, took Janaye's hand and walked over to me. Janaye ran over to me and wrapped her little arms around my legs.

"Hi auntie Lala!" she said. I picked her up and hugged her gently, I missed my niece.

"Hi baby," I said excitedly while I put her down. Before I hugged Camille, I could sense that something was wrong with her. I excused my daughter and I from Amarie and Janaye and I pulled her to the side of the car.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked her.

"My head hurts from the boys yelling and screaming this morning." She said sadly.