Forreal? (Part 2)- Chapter 4

Enjoy & please excuse any mistakes❤.

"Lanay." Carter tried to wake me up. I gave myself such a headache last night, I swear I didn't wanna get up.

"Lanay. "

"Hmm?" I started to open my eyes a little and I saw that he had a wife beater on, showing off his muscular arms and back, and he had a pair of black sweatpants on.

"I'm about to go get the kids so we can all go out to breakfast." He said while he put on his socks.

"Okay. Y'all have fun." I said putting my head under the covers and closing my eyes. He sucked his teeth, pulled the covers off of me, and pulled my shirt up, kissing my v-line.

"Stop baaaabe," I whined. "I'm so sore." He still proceeded to mess with me.

"Lemme kiss it all better." he said, more like commanded.

I was still a little skeptical about last night. I wasn't really in the mood for sex. I lowkey wanted to ask more questions, but I decided against it. I was trying my hardest to maintain my trust for him, but I would have to get to the bottom of things first before I let him back in, literally.

"Carter, I said no." I said sternly. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow and he moved away from me, continuing to put his clothes on. He slid his dark blue custom made timberland boots on, he slid a black t-shirt on, and went into his closet to get a hoodie -avoiding eye contact with me on his way back to the bed.

"Babe. " I called out to him. He looked at me for about two seconds, then he continued to put his hoodie on. He pulled his long black dreads out of his hoodie and he grabbed his keys & his wallet off of the dresser.

"You coming or What?" He asked with an obvious attitude.

"What's your problem?"

"You. And you're increasing my problem with you."

"How am I doing that?"

"Like last night. You coming out of nowhere, accusing me of cheating and shit like I haven't shown you, more times than I've told you, that you got me." He started to raise his voice at me, like I was his daughter or something.

"First of all, I didn't come out of nowhere with anything. Janine came out of nowhere at two in the morning-"

"She's all the way across the country!" He yelled. "Cut her some slack."

"Cut her some slack? You're saying that like she's apart of my life or something. You're lucky I'm even cutting you some slack! You're constantly taking up for shawty. And if she actually did her research, she would know that we're all in different time zones. Stop fucking lying." I retorted.

"You're just being insecure." he shook his head.

"When have you ever known me to be insecure, Carter?" I asked. I was never that type of woman.

"I haven't. That's why I'm so mad right now. This isn't my wife. My wife would not be questioning me and would trust me without any doubts. This isn't my wife." he repeated.

"But, the way you're acting about her, Carter. This just doesn't sit right with me. " I sat back down on the bed with my arms crossed. "I just, don't appreciate the fact that you continue to defend her against me like she's really that important." I said in a low tone. I wasn't comfortable at all. Like, I don't know this girl or her intentions. I knew I would always remain Mrs. Carter Jones, of course, but she seemed.. weird. Like something was up with her. And Carter.

" I just don't want you to feel any type of way about this. She's just my event planner. Nothing more than that." he reassured me.

"I believe you." I responded. "But, if she ever decides to get cute, let me know. 'Cause-"