One In A Million (Nayeon X Male Reader)

Nayeon (AU)

(Image doesn't fit on the cover of chapters when it comes to mobile

(Image doesn't fit on the cover of chapters when it comes to mobile. I would try and make it work from PC but I prefer working strictly on mobile when it comes to photos, videos, or gifs. I apologize if this doesn't look right for you guys. From now on, this will be the chapter "cover" if you will. A photo followed by an A/N or straight to the plot. Again, apologies if this is weird for you.)

First of all, big thank you to unlucky_XIII for letting me use their plot for this. Make sure to give them a follow

No Twice in this story. Heavy angst up ahead. Can't believe I finished this in three hours...when it comes to topics I'm familiar with, I seem to do better. Let me know what you think of this one

"Love you too!"

Nayeon greeted her boyfriend of three years goodbye before departing for her apartment. As she drove home, she began to wonder.

'It's been a couple days since I've seen (Y/N). He said it would be a quick business trip...'

You and Nayeon had been best friends for around four years now. Ever since that fateful day neither of you have looked back since.

As she walked in the apartment, she saw a letter on the table.

"Huh? What's this? 'From (Y/N-OH MY GOD!"

Quickly sitting down, she opened up the letter and began reading.

'Hey Nayeon. Been a while hasn't it?

You're probably wondering where I am. I'll get to that in a bit. 

But before I do. I just want to thank you. Thank you for everything you've done for me. You helped me recover from a low point in my life to become a happier person. You were the one who took care of me until I found a job. You were the one who helped me find myself. You were the one who provided happiness for me. I will be forever grateful for that.'

Nayeon cocked her head in question.

'Will be? (Y/N, where are you going with this?'

Shaking her head to get rid of such a possibility, she continued reading.

'That night...how could I forget what happened? I never will if I'm being honest here.'

Nayeon shook her head and smiled.

"How could I forget? It was the start of our friendship."

FLASHBACK
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Talk about a terrible day.

You had just lost your job, girlfriend, and parents in one day. You were at arguably the lowest point of your life. You had nothing. What else did you have to lose besides your life? You needed to think.