one

"min yoongi! min yoonji! get back in the palace right now, it's almost sunset!"

it was the innocent days, where all they knew was to play around in the sun.

"yoongi! yoonji! be careful, you can't scar your faces!"

that line was one they heard one too many times. yet, they ignored it. what for they listen? they were still young, naive, and for sure, they wouldn't be ruling this early on.

"mom! he took my flower!"

"mom! she took my sword!"

the small banters that happened between the min twins, shone light in the palace.

"girls can't fight!"

"boys can't cook!"

sometimes, they had to be broken apart due to the intensity of their arguements.

but as time passed, the min twins slowly understood the situation they were in as they grew into their teenage years.

"hey gi," yoonji knocked on his bedroom door, "you in?"

the sound of the creaking floor was heard before the door opened, "what's up, ji?"

yoonji walked in, plopping herself onto her twin brothers' mattress. he sat at the edge, "you're worried about something aren't you?"

the blonde haired female hummed, sitting straight up. brushing the her hair out of her face, "the palace tournaments are taking place in a week,"

"i know, but we'll definitely defeat them. who has the audacity to think that they will defeat the min twins?" the male says, slinging his arm over her shoulder.

yoongi expected her to laugh, and agreed to his statement like every other time they had a duo tournament. but this time, yoonji didn't.

instead, she looked up at him with teary eyes, "didn't you hear? we'll be fighting against each other, gi. and the winner h-has to-,"

her brother gave a hug, "stop. don't say anything else. i already knew,"

they went over to the open balcony, basking in the moonlight. the cool wind blew against their skin, hair fluttering like the wings of a butterfly.

yoongi passed a hairtie to his sister, who just silently took it and tied her hair with it.

"i don't want to kill you," yoongi says, and the female laughed, "i don't want to kill you either,"

the twins sighed. yoongi looked over to yoonji, who was wiping away tears from her eyes.

"look at me, sis," he turned her face and wiped her tears away, "princesses don't cry,"