𝟎𝟎𝟑. she wears funny wigs

❛ ask anyone who has been in a love relationship for a while: nothing is perfect ❜

CALLIOPE HUMMED A SOFT MELODY QUIETLY TO HERSELF AS SHE APPROACHED THE DRAWING ROOM WHERE SHE KNEW THE REST OF HER FAMILY WOULD ALREADY BE GATHERED. Daphne was absentmindedly engrossed in her embroidery, while her mother and younger sister occupied themselves with reading novels or writings in a diary. Calliope entered and took the vacant seat next to Eloise, and pinched the spare book that was lying in her lap.

"I was going to read that." Eloise whispered, with a disgruntled look in her eyes as she looked up from her diary.

"Aren't you too busy writing down all your impressive thoughts?" Calliope whispered gesturing to the scribbles that ink had yet to dry.

"Well after I was going to read."

"How about you and I make a deal?" Calliope stated with a teasing glint in her eyes, as she leant forward into her the space between the two sisters. "When your big brain is finally empty of your thoughts then you will be able to read your book because by the time that happens, I will be in my grave."

A laugh involuntarily escaped Eloise's lips, prompting her mother to glance up from her book and cast a reproachful glare at her daughters. Calliope opened the book and instinctively lifted the book to hide the smile that had crept onto her features.

The door abruptly swung open, causing the anxious Daphne to quickly toss her half-completely embroidered hoop to the side. She sat upright and smoothed the creased fabric of her dress, a hopeful expression adorned her face, only for the hopeful glint in her eyes to dissipate.

"Anthony! I did not expect to see you here this morning." Daphne said, unable to hide the disappointment in her voice at her eldest brother's appearance.

"It is terribly early for you, dearest." Violet said coolly, hoping that they could have this morning without Anthony hovering over them and ruining her daughter's moment.

"I could not sleep for some reason. All the excitement, I presume." Anthony responded with an amused expression on his facial expression not noticing the cool expressions that her mother was sending him as he looked around the drawing room. "Am I the first gentleman to arrive? How wonderful!"

"Yes, brother isn't it wonderful." Calliope sighed, as she turned her attention back to her book.

In the time that followed, Daphne received only a small number of suitors, but unfortunately, each one was frightened and intimidated by Anthony, causing them to leave. Callioped wished she could help her sister, but she knew that if she voiced her opinion on her brother's continuous interference, Anthony would shift his attention back to finding the eldest Bridgerton girl a husband.