Background

" we aren't " step", we aren't "half", we are           just family"

                              Flashback
Xavier's POV.
( 8 years old Xavier )
    " we aren't " step", we aren't "half", we are           just family"

                              Flashback
Xavier's POV.
(Xavier is 8 years old.)
My mother only wants to adopt a girl. Why ? because my mother is no longer able to bear children. I'll be praying for my father to say no. The second reason is that they believe I am lonely right now. NO! I'm not lonely or depressed; I enjoy my life right now. I've progressed. I recently lost a sister, but I've moved on. At the very least, I'm attempting. I simply do not want to have anything to do with this adopted girl. She's going to make me think of her again. Lex. I really missed you.

Authors POV
Olive POV
Olive was eager to adopt a girl. She adores children. She already has Xavier, but she requires more. She wishes to inform her husband. Please accept! She is hopeful. She walked slowly to her husband's office. She walked right in without knocking. Her husband, on the other hand, was so preoccupied with his work that he didn't notice his wife walking in.

"Tsk," I said as I looked at my husband, who is working as if his life depended on it. He has messy, dark hair, a tight suit that hugs his body muscles, and thick brows. I was fortunate to have him as my husband. How do I strike it lucky?

I swallowed and cleared my throat. He didn't even bother to look. I take a seat on the couch in front of his office desk. He didn't move. "Husband," I said softly.

He hummed without looking at me. I require your immediate attention. c'mon.
"honey," I tried again.

"Yeah," he said softly, but he didn't look at me.
So he's playing with me, huh? Okay, I went over to his seat and sat on his lap. He paused typing and looked at me. Finally,

"Mister Alexander, your wife requires your undivided attention, please." I spoke into his ear.
He smiled.

"I'm sorry, baby, I was just working." "I'll finish and," he kissed me, "give you all my attention to my beautiful wife," he said before returning to his work.

"I'd like to adopt a girl," I said quickly.

He looked at me, stunned.

"What?" he inquired.

"I want a little girl," I said quietly, looking down at my hands.
I looked at him and noticed him staring at me.
"If you don't want to." It's all right. "Don't worry," I said.

"Are you asking for my permission?" he inquired.

"Yeah," I said. "I'm sorry I can't give you one of your own," I mumbled.

I was fighting back tears. I rose from his lap to stand, but he quickly grabbed my waist and pulled me back. He kissed me. He reached behind my back and grabbed my neck.
I can test my own tears.

I can't give him any more children. Is he pitying me?

I grabbed his shoulder and pushed him.

He grabs my neck once more and kisses me. I kissed him back this time. We eventually have to break the kiss in order to breathe. He looked at me, cupped his large hands around my face, and smiled. I couldn't smile back. My tears are uncontrollable.

It is fine if you are unable to provide me with another child. "My wife, you've already given me two. Honey, you give me something to smile about. You gave everything to me. So don't think I deserve more. "To be honest, my wife, you deserve more." He stated