Chapter 01

a.n:

Those of you who follow me on instagram know that I have been working on this fic for a few weeks. I was hoping to have it finished before posting one chapter, but since the season four trailer seems to be coming soon I've decided to post chapter one now.

I've got chapter 2 and 3 done already, and they're much longer and more detailed, this one is just kind of setting the scene of where everyone is at the start.

Please bare with me and come with an open mind. Feel free to leave your own theories below.

Once this is all done, I'll probably do a livestream on instagram explaining my theories in full outside of the fic so follow @waverly_angel_earp for that.

Updates every Friday, and possibly some in between.

-----------------------------

in the garden...

Tenderly shaking fingers curled around her palms, a soft thumb tracing circles on her knuckles in a way which felt so familiar, which felt like home. Deep brown sparkling eyes flicked across her face as though unwrapping her every thought, increasingly pleading with each blink.

"Waverly?" A caring, familiar, rough sounding voice crackled through, breaking the sound of heavy breathing and rapid heartbeats. The brunette's eyes blinked rapidly, breaking herself out of the daze and she opened her mouth to speak. Slowly, before any words escaped her lips she took in the moment, the soft red hair resting on her girlfriend's perfect shoulders, the blue flannel beneath only causing the radiant colour to pop. Her hand drifted down to her girlfriend's cheek, tracing over the little mole on her cheek, a smile exploding on her face.

"Yes. Yes Nicole. I will! Of course I will!" Waverly grinned now, as her fiancé leapt up from her knee wrapping strong arms around her tiny waist, cocooning her and lifting her off the ground in a hurry. Instinctively Waverly's legs wrapped around Nicole's lower back, arms draped over the loose collar of the flannel and around her neck, pulling the redhead closer so their foreheads were touching.

"I love you so much Waverly." Nicole breathed heavily into her lips.

"I love you too Nicole." Waverly leant in, catching Nicole's lips in a passionate kiss, her hands toying with the soft red curls at the nape of her girlfriend's neck, Nicole's right hand rising and falling gently on her back. The kiss felt like it lasted a lifetime, but was over too soon, as Nicole carefully placed her back on the ground, her entire face glowing in a smile. Before Waverly could instigate another kiss she felt a soothing hand slide down her wrist and catch her hand, lifting it slowly. Nicole pressed a kiss on her delicate knuckles and slid the ring over her finger, inhaling sharply at the sight of the ring she had put so much thought into finally resting on Waverly's finger.

"Is it -" Waverly began to ask about the ring, but Nicole interrupted. Usually she would let Waverly guess, but the ring was so complex; it was simple, meaningful and she had to be the one to explain the thought which went into it.

"Aquamarine." Nicole smiled proudly. "For March, the month we met. And this..." She pointed to the white gold band which encased the tiny jewel. "Is made from one of Wynonna's rings, and one of my own. I know how important she is to you, and I want you to know that she'll always be there, just as much as I am. Maybe not for everything..." Nicole winked. "But this, and us, won't break what you two have. There were definitely times when I wanted it too!" Nicole laughed at all of the times she had been convinced she would kill Wynonna. "But she's your sister, and I love how much you two care about each other. I'm honoured that you let me in the way you let her in. Thank you Waverly, for sharing everything, for sharing yourself with me." Nicole kissed the dainty ring which sparkled in the sunset.