Chapter 2

~Tyler Moon~

"We have received news of rogue appearance," my beta, Alex Valentine, said with a long pull of air. I ignored him. "We are bringing them to torture chamber," he continued. My mother, Arin, shrugged off Alex's comment. He stayed here while mind linking the soldiers to bring them to the torture chamber. I rubbed the crescent moon mark on my wrist. It showed that you are not a rogue... not many wolves knew of this, certainly not Alex. I just hoped that I can see my mate unharmed. The mate bond was formed like since she/he laid eyes on his/her mate. I suddenly felt something sharp on my wrist and felt like it was drawing blood. I brushed it off. It was late, and i probably wanted to sleep. Each room in the pack house was tailor made to suit each person living in it. All the sizes were the same, the facilities were the same, the bed were the same, the only difference was the theme. My theme was the galaxy. Cheesy i know. But it's midnight blue dotted with small white specks that represent stars. All night I felt my blood seep out of my body, through that 'cut' on my wrist. But there was no cut, no blood. This continued, and I felt myself getting weaker and weaker. Then, I heard a soft voice squeak,' help me.'

(Here this what Shadow saw, and Tyler is experiencing it because he is her mate)

I was held upright. Straight as a board. The cut wasn't healing for some reason. Dusk and Dawn were so weak, they could not even open their eyes. I felt like dying. Hey, maybe that'll happen to me. Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip... that was the only sound here. Other than them were the soft sobs of Celeste, Sara,and the growls of anger from Peyton. My hair, tied in a Dutch braid and ended in a low ponytail at the nape of my neck, was matted with sweat and grime and blood and tears. My cape was tattered and lay on the floor, my sunglasses were smashed as well. My eyes were shut. I refused to open them. Not in my life. I felt myself going limp, still hanging on to the last strand of my life.

(I haven't exited Tyler's POV, it's just that he was experiencing what Shadow was experiencing)

I let out a snarl. I had to protect my mate! I growled and shifted. It's okay because the hallways are large. I sprinted down in my sandy wolf form, and burst through the door. "Your blood will do good to the Alpha..." coming from Marc, my cousin. I let out a growl, and he steps back unplugging the thing that extracts her blood. I shifted back and carried my mate in my arms, and left. She was scrawny, her face was really pale and her skin was literally clinging to the bone. Her breaths came out in wisps, and her heart slowed. No no no! I licked at the spot where she was cut, and it healed. I noticed a chain hanging around her neck. It lead to a necklace, which had a gem that glowed softly. "Doc!" I practically yelled. He was in front of me in an instant. He immediately got people to retrieve her blood that were stored in bags, and they came back with three other girls, all in slightly better condition, but not much better. I stayed up, hoping for the best for my mate, that she'll be alright. So this was the Rogue pack. "You need to mark her, my dear Alpha. Replenishing the Alpha blood in her is not enough."

Not enough... not enough... these words ran around in circles. I had to mark my mate. It was that or death. Death would have been too much to handle, so I marked her. Awakening the wolf. And healing her...