Chapter 11

With his return, there were people welcoming Percy back. From the expressions that were on their faces, Percy could tell that they were genuinely happy that he was back. Which is why it felt unnatural to Percy.

It was weird. It wasn't like Percy had a strong connection with the army. In fact, barely anyone actually knew who he was. To make it worse, Percy had disappeared for over a year with no trace. Yet here they were happily welcoming him.

Percy tried to look around for anyone he knew but instantly realized that he recognized nearly no one.

'Why were the welcoming him?'

It felt fake. Why were these people welcoming him when they don't even know him. The only time they even ever saw him was when he announced the name to refer him as. It didn't feel right. In all honesty he shouldn't even be commander. What commander fails their first mission? It just didn't sit right with him. He couldn't help but feel confused.

Percy tried his best to kill the emotions he was currently feeling and continued to walk up the platform to the entrance of the spacecraft.

When he entered, the platform he was just walking on started folding up until the entrance became sealed.

Percy became surprised as he entered. The room was alot bigger than it appeared from the outside. The room Percy had entered was gigantic. It was similar to the size of a football field but smaller.

Even with its gigantic size, the room was completely filled with people. It was hard to maneuver around people but eventually Percy made it to the center of the room and found a platform where Chaos was standing. Chaos brought Percy onto the platform before turning around to speak.

"Today, the Chaos Army's commander, Oseus, has returned."

Everyone in the room started cheering.

"Our commander came back!"

"The commander has returned!"

"Everyone our commander is alive!"

Shouts like these were heard everywhere. They were all in a good mood until Chaos spoke again.

"Sadly we have come to the decision to demote the commander. He will no longer be a leader and will have the same rank as all of the soldiers."

Silence. It was completely opposite from a few seconds ago. Nobody said anything. They all just stared at Chaos. The mood had completely dropped and nobody was happy with this decision but they couldn't do anything. Chaos' say was absolute.

Even though Percy was demoted, he felt satisfied. It was something he was satisfied with. If he wanted to become commander then he should work from the bottom up. If he failed his missions then he should be demoted. It actually cured Percy of his anxiety that he was feeling moments before.

"Since we no longer have a commander, we will have Alpha¹ take the spot temporarily until we find a new commander candidate."

Nobody objected what Chaos had to say.
What could they say? They just accepted it and left.

By the time everyone left, it was just Percy and Chaos.

"I hope you understood why I did this."

"Yeah I understand. It actually makes me feel better that I'm not commander."

"The good. You should rest up then. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow. We're going to be hunting __________ which were created by the __________________. Ask NightStar for directions to your sleeping quarters."

AN: Its been a long time since I did a AN in the middle of the chapter. These lines represent who they are fighting but I kinda realize there is no one. So I realized that I have to make the primordial gods the enemy which means Luke and everyone else can't be their successor or whatever I said they were. It also means that I gotta nerf Chaos. Also no I can't say its Order because that's not a real god. Then again Fiecono and Stunova aren't real either....

Percy ended his conversation with Chaos and began his search for NightStar.

After a few minutes, he found her in the cafeteria eating by herself.

Percy went up to her and tapped her shoulder.

"Don't touch me." She instantly said the moment his finger came into contact with her shoulder.

"Oh uh sorry. Could you show me my room?" Percy stuttered.

"Chaos told you to ask me didn't he." Percy nodded his head.

With a sigh. NightStar threw away her food and started walking to a corridor. He quickly followed.

She paused in the middle of the hallway  before speaking. "You're Percy aren't you." She spoke without turning around. Percy didn't respond and kept quiet.

She began to walk again like nothing happened and stopped in front of a door. "This is your room. Memorize its location." Percy nodded his head and did his best to remember the area. "My job's finish. Now don't bother me."

She left the corridor and disappeared from Percy's sight.

Percy entered the room to discover it a mess. Papers were everywhere, food wrappers were spread out across the room and clothing were thrown all over the place. Two other men could be seen sleeping on a bunk bed in the corner of the room. One of them groggily got up and noticed Percy.

"Oh look who its is. They said we were getting a new roommate. Didn't realize it'd be the demoted command."

Hey guys. Sorry for the bad chapter. I didn't really try and tried to rush it so sorry that it sucks. If you read this far then I want to thank all of you for the support you guys have gave me. It has a nice time writing all of this but it has to end at some point. Unfortunately this didn't end at the ending but in the middle of the story. I'm sorry I couldn't keep my word. I said I would never drop this but now I'm dropping this. Thank you all for reading.

Now with that out of the way. I would like to say that I will be rewriting Percy Jackson and the Chaos Army. It will be under the name The Son of Chaos. If you want to know why I'm rewriting this then go to the next chapter. If not then look forward to new chapters in The Son of Chaos.