Another day another presentation

The Next Day

Birdsong

Bonnie and Samaira had been working on the ppt from 4 hours now. Bonnie had been irritating Samaira for quite some time.

Bonnie : You know what Sam, don't think that your stupid idea would be okay with me.

Sam : STUPID?? OH EXCUSE ME. Mind your language. Inspite of your idea being beyond terrible I never insulted you.

Bonnie : Yeah right. Boss ki beti aur creative director ki BEST FRIEND........ Tumhara toh har idea amazing hota hai na??

Samaira clenched her fists in anger. What was her fault if her parents owned this company or that Neil, her childhood bestie had become the creative director of the company. Bonnie had already taunted her like this n number of times since morning and she knew that this wasn't going to be the last time either. She sighed and got back to her work.

Other part of birdsong

Radhika was busy doing some work when suddenly Neil came and sat on her desk. He passed a note to her. Radhika looked up at Neil and took the note smiling. She found it to be blank. She raised an eyebrow at Neil.

Neil : Vaise toh main thank you bolna chahta tha for the amazing time we had during the trip, our dance and music jamming. Par voh kya hai na ki dosti mein no sorry no thank you isliye blank hi chord diya.
Neil smiled sheepishly. Radhika looked at his cute grin and started laughing too.

Radhika : Aise toh mujhe bhi thank you bolna chahiye tumhe Neil.  Even I loved your company and had a blast. Par agar tumhe itna hi mann kar rha hai toh mujhe kuch aur kaam batado. IM GETTING SO BORED!!

She pouted cutely which made Neil laugh. He kept his arm around her shoulder and led her to the to Samrat and Piyali's cabin where Sam and Bonnie were working to assit them.

All this was seen by Arjun from within his office. The fact that he couldn't hear their conversation and could just see their expressions made matters even worse. He burned with jealousy thinking what could the two of them be talking about. Why did Neil put his arm around his Radhika?? Wait HIS RADHIKA?? WHERE FID THAT COME FROM........ He fumed about what that panoti was doing to him and why he constantly thought of nothing but her and broke the vase in his office in anger.

It had been 2 hours past lunchtime now. Neil sat in his office grumpily. He was way to hungry to work further. He glanced towards Piyali and Samrat's cabin where Sam, Bonnie and Radhika were working their heads off. He sighed and went to the canteen to grab some rolls.

Samrat and Piyali's Cabin

Samrat : You three take a break now. See the time it's way past lunchtime and none of you have eaten a thing.

Sam : No Pa. Just a little bit more.

Radhika : Yes sir. Don't worry were fine.

Bonnie : After all work comes first.

Just then Arjun walked into the cabin.

Piyali : Oh Arjun it's good you came ! Now convince these three workoholics to eat something.

Arjun glanced at Radhika and then at Sam..... Unsure where to proceed to. Then he remembered the morning incident and went towards Sam.

Arjun : Samaira come on let's go out to eat. We'll be back in an hour. Till then these two will also eat something. We'll go to your favourite restaurant. Come dear.

Samaira : That's nice of you Arjun but PLEASE NOT NOW. We can go at night if you want. Abhi let me work yaar.

Arjun was about to go out of the room when Neil entered, with four rolls in his hand. Arjun stared at him although he passed a smile and entered further into the room paying no attention to Arjun's glare. Arjun changed his decision to go out and stayed in the cabin to keep a watch at Neil and Radhika.

Neil gave one roll each to Bonnie and Radhika who took it happily. He tried to give it to Sam who glared at him and continued to work. He began eating his own roll and as sson as he got a chance, the pen in Sam's hand that she was nibbling was exchanged with the roll by him. Sam unaware of this continued to nibble thinking it was a pen bit found a roll in her hand instead.

Sam : IDIOT!!

Neil : Oh come on Sammy you know I don't eat without you in office. And I couldn't bear hunger any longer. Now cut the drama and just eat it.

Sam obeyed silently. Samrat nudged Piyali who ignored her husband's smirk. Radhika was going towards Piyali with a filled bottle without a cap, when suddenly her foot slipped and she shriked.

She was caught by Arjun. The water bottle flew upwards and the water spiled on Arjun and Radhika, drenching them completely. The bottle was caught by Neil before it could land on somebody's head.

Arjun and  Radhika were lost in each other. They had different things going on in their minds yet they should there completely motionless, their eye contact not breaking even for a second.

Radhika (thoughts) : Oh god! Why do I always end up slipping when this person is in the room. KHADOOS huh. And why does he always catch me....... Not that I'm complaining though. She smiled slightly looking at Arjun's well toned muscular body and his chiseled face. Then suddenly she realised what she was thinking. Oh Radhika shut up what the hell has happened to you.  HE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND'S BOYFRIEND FOR GODS SAKE. STOP IT.  Hey bhagwaan what is happening to me...m I can't understand.... Dadhi please help me.... Show me a way..... Please

Arjun (thoughts) : How the hell does she manage to be so clumsy and cute at the same time. His breathing started to increase. She always had that effect on him.... We'll anyways it's good that Neil is here. He'll know that right now she is where she actually belongs......... IN MY ARMS. Wait Arjun everyone's here...Sam too..... What will she think.  Your plan........ Nandu revenge..... Oh I'll do all that just let me hold her a little longer...... His heart told his brain.

Everyone else in the cabin stood with their mouths wide open.

Neil and Samaira : EARTH TO ARJUN AND RADHIKA!!

Arjun and Radhika suddenly realised their position and moved apart abruptly, not able to look at each other anymore.... Embarassed by what had happened.

Everyone started laughing and saying how clumsy Radhika had become when bonnie nudged Samaira.

Bonnie : It seems your destiny is quite bad. See your best friend is stealing your boyfriend that too under your nose and in front of you!

Although Samaira also felt a little weird seeing their eyelock and how tightly they held each other. Arjun's intense gaze that didn't leave Radhika's face for a second and Radhika's slight smile hadn't gone unnoticed by her either. Yet she defended Radhika and said

Samaira : Oh shut up Bonnie! Tum kabhi kuch accha nhi bol sakti kya?? I trust Radhika more than I trust myself. So just sath out of it. I l font need your faltu comments understand??

Although Sam had said this she still felt a little weird about what she had seen. Not that she was doubting Radhika.... That she couldn't ever do........ Moreover what she saw looked a double sided thing .... She decided to search for answers later.

Hello everyone! Hope you like this. I tried to modify as per the requests I got. Do comment if you feel  was able to justify and deliver what you all wanted.

Precap : Arjun and Neil trying to pacify Sam, who's having mood swings due to her periods.

Until Next time!