Prologue

"Avatar Korra, it is an honor to meet you." the old woman bowed to her.

"We're here to find her a firebending master." the lotus sentinel said from beside the fourteen year old.

"Ah! That makes since. My daughter did say you were coming." The old woman said.

"Korra, bow to Lady [Y/N]." the sentinel told her, now realizing that she had yet to do so.

"No, it's fine. I've never liked it when people bow to me. It always reminds me of my one and only reservation I've had of marrying my husband." [Y/N] explained to the water tribe born avatar.

Korra blinked before [Y/N] led her into the palace to meet with Izumi who would give them firebending masters to choose from. Masters that Zuko, [Y/N], and Izumi handpicked themselves.

"Gran-Gran, do you know," a male in his late twenties to early thirties appeared from behind a pillar, "where my papers went for dad?"

"Did you check your desk, Katsuki?" [Y/N] asked her grandson.

He sweat dropped at the thought. "Uh... no."

And he ran off. Korra looked at the sentinel. "She's different than I thought she would be. Katara told me she was a force to be reckoned with."

"She is. When she wants to be. And yes, she is speaking in third person." [Y/N] told her, catching the avatar and the sentinel off guard. "If you want to know more about me, all you have to do is ask."

"How did you end up here?" Korra asked.

"It's a long story. A story that starts..."