Part 14

Varian's POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------

We walked down a worn path to the right of my house which took us directly to my lab (granted, I shared it with my dad, but let's not talk about that). It looked like a plain old shed, maybe a little bigger- it was surrounded by trees and brush. I knocked on the door to check if anyone was inside (cough cough, my dad). No one answered thankfully so I opened the door and walked inside. I grabbed a string hanging from the ceiling and gave it a tug. When I did that, it caused a chemical reaction which caused the whole lab to light up brightly, something I was very proud of.

"Wow!" Y/N spun around watching the lights turn on one by one. Gosh she was cute. I let her wander a bit, checking out my different inventions here and there.

"What's this?" She held up a cylinder that seemed to become smaller and smaller. I put my gloves on and took it in my hand.

"This is a portable telescope, it's supposed to help you see things from far away"

"ooh!" Her eyes widened in interest as she put her eye to the glass, but it was the wrong side. She pointed it at me and gasped.

"Woah! You look super far away!"

I turned it around the right way.

"Ohhhhhh, my bad hehe..."

She set it down and continued her exploration over to my chemical table. There was a vial of luminescent blue liquid sitting in a holder in which she examined.

"Be careful!"

I snatched it from her grasp and held it close. "sorry, it's just this stuff could be really dangerous, I still don't know if it works"

I set it down on the table as she peered at it.

"What does it do?"

I put my hand on the back of my neck. "It's silly, really"

She sat down, propping her head up on her hands.

"oh, come on! It can't be that weird"

I sighed, "Ok, fine. I was trying to make a concoction that could heal injuries"

Her eyes sparkled and she smiled.

"Really?! That sounds super cool! Why haven't you tried it yet?"

I frowned, "because it could be seriously dangerous- I don't want anyone to get hurt."

She looked at the vial for a few minutes before replying, "I could help you out with it"

I made an x with my hands.

"No way, nope, not gonna happen"

"Oh come on! What's the worst that could happen? Please let me help"

I thought about it; I really wanted to try it out, but I didn't want her to get hurt.

"Mmmmmmmmm- ok fine! But I'm doing it to"

I poured us both a small amount, handing her a cup.

"Are you sure about this?" She nodded, looking very determined, holding my hand.

"Let's do this"

"Cheers" We tapped our glasses together and drank it. Nothing happened. I sighed, another mess up.

"ah!"

My head snapped in the direction of the sound of glass breaking to find Y/N on the floor, clenching her stomach. "Y/N???? Are you alright?"

I rushed over, picked her up and set her in a chair. I held her hand as she held her stomach. Then I began to feel dizzy, dropping her hand and falling to the floor. After a few second of pain, my eyes felt heavy and closed.

Quirin's POV

----------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to come home early and have a talk with Varian. I know that I've been really hard on him recently about his inventions and felt I needed to apologize, but when I walked into the house, he wasn't there.

He's probably at the lab.

I walked down the path, trying to rehearse what I would say to him.

'hey kiddo'- no that's awkward. How about 'how've you been?' ugh, this is hard.

I got to the door and knocked, "Varian?"

No answer. I opened the door to see.

"Oh no. Varian? VARIAN!"

I rushed over to him, his chest moving up and down. I relaxed a bit, but then I noticed a girl fast asleep in the chair with what looked like bright blue liquid on her arm. Who is this? What happened?? I picked up Varian, turning to the door to see Leo, his face white.

"W-what happened?!"

"I have no idea, could you help me take the girl back to my house?"

He nodded and picked her up. We went home where I set up Varian's bed for the girl, Varian used mine. We waited anxiously until we heard the girl stir.

"Y/N! Are you alright?"

Leo rushed to her side.

So her name's Y/N?

Y/N sat up looking scared and confused.

"Where's Varian? Is he alright? The last thing I remember was pain and then watching him fall. I was too weak to help. I'm so sorry."

Varian's POV

-------------------------------------------------------

I heard her in the other room, but I was too weak to speak. I wanted to ease her nerves, so I willed for her to hear my thoughts

I'm fine Y/N, just in the other room

"Oh, thank goodness!"

Wait, how did she hear me?

 Did she just- 

 I tested it again.

How are you feeling?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've felt better, but I'm ok

I coughed out of surprise. I was just kidding when I tried, but-

Varian and Y/N's POV

----------------------------------------------------

- can we read each other's thoughts?

Author's note: ooooooh! it's starting to get spicy up in here! It seems we have a predicament on our hands,  and I just want to say thank you so much for supporting this story, and thank you for sticking around. I love you all so much!