Dinner and Diatribes

Moving through the gyrating bodies in the crowd that fills the club, I can feel the bass of the speakers shaking my ribcage. Dragging Dimitri to one of the tables in a shadowed corner, he sits in one of the chairs and I sink down onto his lap, crossing my legs gracefully.

"You said something caught your eye," Dimitri says into my ear, running his hand up my bare leg to rest on my thigh just below the hem of my skirt. I nod and look through the crowd, hoping to catch a glimpse of one of the boys I saw earlier.

"You know, you could rope in quite a few people tonight," I saw giving him a once over. Hair untied and dressed in a pair of dress pants with his pressed shirt tucked in and his duster topping it off. He looks absolutely sexy.

"I like watching you do it, it's very hot." He says and I throw a man-eating smile at him. I stand up and give him a saucy wink before moving through the crowd again. Heading towards the bar where I can get a better view of the crowd.

"Can I have a gin and tonic?" I ask the bartender and slid a $10 bill across the counter. The bartender nods and pours my drink and hands me my change that I promptly slide it back across the counter. I turn and lean against the bar, sipping my drink casually. One thing about being strigoi is that I'm not affected by alcohol, I can drink it and never feel the buzz, which sometimes can be a bit of a downer now that I don't have something prohibiting me from drinking it as much as I want.

It's funny the thing you observe in clubs, the people who pull others off into corners for semi-private moments, to the people who openly suck face on the middle of the dance floor. Even watching boy ogle women like they were dogs looking at a bone, people let their guards down in places like this, and that is why this is the best place to hunt for a fun meal.

"Funny running into you again," one of the boys that I saw earlier says, the one that looks like dear old Adrian.

I turn to face him, sending a flirty smile and taking another sip of my drink. I glance around and catch Dimitri's eye from across the room and then flick them to the boy standing next to me. He smirks and raises his brow at me, lifting the tumbler that appeared on the table to his lips.

"Yeah, my plans cancelled so figured I'd come to look for a fun time," I say sweetly, resting my elbow on the counter and leaning, crossing my ankles. He flicks his eyes over me and flashes a smile.

"Well, want to come and sit with me and my friends?" He yells over the music. I nod and order another drink before following him to the table not far from Dimitri and I sit in his line of sight.

"My name is Cole by the way," he says and I sip my drink.

"Anna," I say. The others at the table introduce themselves, not surprised that there are no other women at the table. They catch adamantly while I observe them. Cole, Adam, Tyler and Michael all seem to be from money and incredibly stupid. The only one who seems to not be an idiot is Corson, who has started drink water five drinks ago.

"Want to go dance?" Cole shouts over the music placing his hand dangerously high on my leg, practically brushing his hand over a territory that does not belong to him. I fake a moan and stand to drag him towards the dance floor, sending a wink in Dimitri's direction.

Dancing with this guy was slightly repulsive; I don't understand how girls enjoy being felt up by a completely drunk stranger that has no idea how to touch someone. He places a sloppy kiss on my neck and I roll my eyes, thankfully I am dancing with my back to him.

I spin around and wrap my arms around his neck and he pulls my hips against him, grinding against me suggestively, but there's nothing there that impresses me, I have a god of my own sitting across the club. Although the sight I see now makes me see red, a blonde hair girl has her hands all over Dimitri, and it takes all my control not to storm across the room and rip her hands from her body.