Midnight Scare

This awesome story was written by: @jeleelahidrisismaila

Salaamualaykum, this is my story:

One night I woke up around 3am and I couldn't go back to sleep. Being the bookworm that I am, I decided to read a story on Wattpad. The story was about a man who saw a jinn. The story was very descriptive, so much so that shortly after reading I began to feel a jinn's presence in my room. I get scared really easily. I placed my phone away and tried to go back to sleep but all I could think about was the description of the jinn. This really sucked as I had to get up at 5am to observe Fajr prayer and then get ready for my 8am class. By this point, my heart was pounding, and I was becoming paranoid. Every sound I heard seemed like a jinn to me. I thought about waking up my younger sister as we share a room together, but she was in deep sleep, so I didn't want to wake her. Thankfully my mom had woken up at around 4am to have sahur for her Monday fast. I decided to tell that I was having difficulties sleeping. She asked me if anything happened to me. I was hesitant on telling her because she would not be happy with me. so instead I told her that I had a dream in which I saw a jinn. She told me to perform ablution and pray and told me that next time when I wake up at such odd hours of the night I should know that Allah is giving me a chance to talk to Him .I performed the salat and wallah it seemed like a huge load was removed from my heart. After the salat I fell asleep. And some days later I told her the truth about how I saw the jinn. She was angry that I lied to her but in the end I was forgiven.

Lesson of the story:

Countless of times I have woken up in the middle of the night and haven't benefited from the opportunity. I now sometimes I pray, sometimes I recite the Qur'an and sometimes I join my mom in her fast. This has increased me in my imaan a lot and also reduced my attention to my devices. Now I'm happy at the person I have become and although that was a horrible experience, I am happy it happened to me. May Allah bless you and increase you in knowledge.

(They are) those who are patient ones, those who are true (in Faith, words, and deeds), and obedient with sincere devotion in worship to Allah. Those who spend [give the Zakat and alms in the Way of Allah] and those who pray and beg Allah's Pardon in the last hours of the night. (Qur'an: 3: 17)

Ramadan Mubarak