Escape plan and Watery Graves

ابدأ من البداية

"Thanks." She said.

"So I have a question." Six said, sitting down and staring at the cell door.

"Ask away." Mono said as he sat next to Six.

"How come you're the oldest child alive in The Maw?" Six asked. "I'd expect some kids to be over 13 with how long The Maw has been around."

"Huh, the ones who were older than me died or were taken away somewhere when they got too old."

"Like, how old when they got taken away?"

"Well, when they were obviously a teenager now based on appearance they took them away. I knew two kids who got taken away once they were teenagers." Mono said. "I heard from some kids who saw where the teenagers went, they got so close to them since their cage cart stopped for a moment by their destination. Anyway according to what the kids say they get pulled into this strange room that's completely white. The door was white too and had lots of scratches on it."

"They slammed the door shut after dragging both teenagers in there, the cart began moving again before they could hear what happened inside. I believe the children's stories since multiple children told me the mostly same story- 'mostly' since the kids had different comments on certain things, but it was basically the same."

"Do you see them again after that?" Six asked, sounding very concerned.

"No." Mono said, not sharing the same concern. Quite calm actually.

"Do...Do you think they... Euthanize the Teenagers?" Six suggested.

Mono went quiet, for a while.

"I mean it makes sense, The Maw wants *Children* to fight, not *Teenagers*. The Guest pay for children, not teenagers." Six said. "The easiest way to get rid of teenagers is just killing them."

"Okay." Mono said, surprisingly calm. "You're right, that makes sense."

"Al-right..." Mono's voice cracked a small bit, his calm voice disappeared for a small moment and a scared one shined through.

Six stared at Mono. "Are you scared?" She asked.

"No, I don't get scared from stuff like that." Mono said calmly.

"Well that voice crack says otherwise." Six said. "You know it's okay to be scared. You don't gotta act all big and bad all the time. We already know how tough and cold you are."

"I appreciate your offer, but that was only a voice crack." Mono said. "I'm fine."

"Whatever you say." Six said.

"How long until you're 13?" Six asked.

"Two and a half months." Mono said.

Six nodded. "Well, I guess we have a deadline to escape now."

"Huh?" Mono tilted his head.

"There's no way I'm letting you get euthanized, so we gotta escape before that appointment." Six explained.

Six got up. "Now how do I get down?"

"Just jump and try to land on your feet." Mono said.

"Uhh---" Six said.

Mono got up and pushed Six off the ledge.

"AAA--" Six hit the ground. "Ow--"

Six got up, looking up at Mono. Annoyed.

"I said try to land on your feet." Mono said.

"Try to give a warning next time, Okay?" Six said.