"Hey, you ready?" Elena asked when she got to the bottom of the stairs. She nodded and they left the house, getting in the car quickly and driving away. The car ride was silent, each lost in their own thoughts. After a while they arrived and got out of the car. Elena knocked on the door and they waited. Soon enough the door opened, revealing Damon. He looked at the twins and smiled tightly.

"Hello Elena, Nat."

"Is Stefan here? He called. He said it was important." Elena said dryly.

"Right this way." He said, gesturing for them to come inside. Before Nat could keep walking Damon grabbed her arm. "Hey, are you okay? You know, after yesterday." He said quietly.

"I'm fine, Damon." She shrugged his arm off and followed Elena. They walked into the hallway and Stefan arrived.

"Hey."

"What is this about?" Elena asked. He steps aside and they see Rose behind him. She smiles and waves awkwardly at the girls.

"You." Nat says, narrowing her eyes at her.

"You'll want to hear what she has to say." Damon said from behind them before walking into the living room, Stefan and Rose following him. Nat and Elena looked at each other before following them too. Once the twins sat on the couch, Rose started pacing.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real." At the mention of his name, Nat felt a shiver go through her spine. Thankfully, no one noticed this. She acted as if nothing had happened before looking at Rose.

"Who is he?" Nat asks.

"He's one of the Originals, he's a legend." Damon says.

"From the first generation of vampires." Stefan adds.

"Like Elijah?" Elena asked looking between the vampires.

"No, Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." Nat frowned at this. That didn't sound right. But then again, Elijah was dead, so maybe Rose's words held some truth to them.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan continues.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena asked looking at Rose.

"Yes." "No." Stefan and Rose both said at the same time before looking at each other.

"What they're saying is, I mean, if what she's saying is true-"

"Which it is."

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you."

"Which I'm not."

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe." Nat looked at Elena, now worried about this.

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you exist." Stefan told her reassuringly.

"Not that you know of." Rose said from behind. Well, that was true. If Klaus was supposedly this big bad vampire, then it was almost certain that he had others working for him. Meaning it would only be a matter of time before they came for Elena.

"That's not helping." Damon muttered.

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story." Stefan told Elena.