{Day 3}

First Love or Role/Robin Reversal

"What's your name, punk?" The older man asked, sliding in next to the booth Jason was sitting at.

"Jason Todd-Wayne." Was the kids reply, turning to face the older man for a second, his eyes filled with ice, before focusing on the flowing screen of his tablet that sat on the table.

The older man was slightly amused by how the kid acted. Kind of reminded him a little of himself.

But when he got back, he heard rumors of a new Robin and the newest member of the Wayne family, Jason Todd.

According to what he's heard from the streets of Gotham, Jason was quite smart and a fast learner, and had already skipped a few grades.

Apparently Jason's parents were in charge of Todd Industries until his parents died in a car crash thanks to some mobster who paid a driver to come in and smash the Todds.

Secretley, Tim was furious, although of course he wouldn't let the younger boy know about it. He was really mad at Bruce, per say.

At first Tim was mad at him for not killing the Joker, who was responsible for beating him up with a crowbar and placing bombs in the warehouse he trapped him in.

And then when he heard about the new Robin in town, he was mad that Bruce had dragged in yet another kid into a business as dangerous as their lives.

He felt bad for the kid, in all honesty. Kid was a poor rich orphan who didn't know what was right and what was wrong.

But now meeting the kid, he had a small feeling deep down in his gut that he would like the kid. Somewhere deep down.

He continued to watch what the boy was doing in silence, watching as codes were placed into the tablet system to repair a virus he was fixing.

Many 0s and 1s were flashing in neon green across the black background of the original coding screen, and a few letters and other numbers popped up as well.

"What you doing there kid? Programming a robot or something?"

"No. I'm trying to fix my computer. It got a few viruses on it because one of my friends thought it would be a good idea to go through my files."

Tim just sat there and watched as the kid went through and read all of the coding, replacing a 0 with a 1 or a 1 with a 0.

Every once in a while a 1 would be changed with an "h" or a 0 would be replaced with a "y" or another letter, sometimes a number.

The coding was long and it hurt to look at the neon green and white shapes fill a black screen while scrolling down farther for more to appear.

The small local coffee shop the two were at was very low key, only a few other customers around in the old beat up booths.

There was an elderly couple by a window on the other side of the shop, who looked to be in their 60s, gray and white hair and oh so many wrinkles.

A few booths down was a teenage couple that were giggling about a new movie that just came out, and sharing a milkshake with two straws.

Tim wanted to gag at the amount of love present on their face as they even looked at each other, hands enclosed in the others hand.

And a booth just two more down from them sat a mid aged couple with what looked like a five year old child sitting in between her parents.

There were three workers at the bar today, two women and a man, all wearing simple black aprons with the logo stitched over their heart.

There wasn't much sound coming from the room, except for the teenage couple laughing about the others joke about the movie or the sound of the toddler making strange noises.

The midage couple were on their phones, showing each other something funny they saw everyone in a while while taking sips of their coffee.

Tim had a coffee that sat before him, mostly black with a sprint of creamer and some sugar. Not his favorite, but it would definitely help him stay awake.

His nightmares had been getting worse, flashbacks to that night with the Joker was implanted into his head and too visual for him to be comfortable.

"You seem troubled." The kid, Jason, mumbled next to him, eyes still focused on the screen glowing with white and neon green numbers and letters.

"It's nothing. Just anxious I guess." Tim lied, his voice swift and cut to make it sound realistic to the trained Bat.

Jason just hummed a nouse of approvement, before changing a 0 to an "a" and changing a 1 to a "g".

Tim had come here to get to know the boy a little bit, try to get an idea of where he usually hung out, or at least something from the child.

Although, in all fairness, the boy was trained by Batman himself, just as he had been, so he should have expected this to be a little harder.

"If you've come here to get information on me, you're out of luck sir. Tell your camera crew to just give up now."

Okay, now Tim was slightly shocked. He didn't think he was that obvious, but then again, he didn't bring a camera crew with him.

"I don't have a camera crew, boy. Just here because I'm intrigued with what you're doing." Tim replied.

Jason snorted, finally looking away from the screen. "Sure. And I'm Lex Luthor. I'm leaving. Don't you dare follow me."

Tim knew that glare. He knew where it originally came from. Bruce had taught him that glare that he used on unresponsive crinimals.

But Tim was unaffected by it, as seeing he had mastered the glare, and wasn't scared of some teenager who just happened to replace him.

But Tim could only watch as the young boy packed up his things and left the small shop without another word.