0.30

William

After I ate a few bites of the sandwich and half of the grapes, Nicholas told me he was going to leave once my sisters and parents came.

I didn't want him to, but I know he would just be awkwardly sitting there with my family, holding my hand.

Lucille came back and helped Nicholas encourage me to eat. Without both of them, I knew I wouldn't have been able to eat as much as I did.

I didn't feel as guilty as I did when I ate breakfast. Yes, the bread from the sandwich made negative thoughts run through my head. But that was only a few bites and I focused on eating the fruit instead.

I even took a nibble of the pickle.

"Everyone's on their way up." Lucille informs me, watching as I frowned but nodded. "They're all just worried. Rose has been upset about it, but she wants you to get better. Be nice, please."

I nodded, thinking of her words. I know my sister meant well but I was just upset that I had to be here. "I will."

The door opens and instantly, Daisy yells my name, running over to me. "I missed you!"

I smile at my younger sister, "I missed you too."

She gasps happily at Nicholas's and my hands together, "I knew you two were dating! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!"

Chuckling softly, I glance over at the door. My parents were already in the room, but Gabrielle was in the door way, saying a few things to Rose, who was still in the hallway.

My face falls a bit but I quickly just smile at Daisy, who was poking at the narrow tubes running down my arm.

"Is that going inside of you?" She points to a bag with clear liquid in it.

I nod, "yep." She looks at all the machines in fascination, poking the clear bag. "Drink it."

Her eyes widen, "no! I don't know what that it!"

"Yeah, me either. I forgot what they told me. I think it's just vitamins or something."

Daisy looks at my right arm before her eyes wandered to my left one, her face dropping into a  frown, "does it hurt?"

I look at my bandaged arm, "a little, it's just itchy." She nodded, quickly looking away from my arm, sending me a smile. I couldn't help but smile back at my sister, letting go of Nicholas's hand to open my arms.

Daisy hesitantly hugs me, avoiding my arm full of wires. It was a short hug, I patted her back once or twice before she pulled away, smiling sadly at me.

Gabby came over, giving me a quick hugged and asked if I was doing alright, the same sad smile on her face.

Rose was standing near the door, awkwardly looking at all the machines around me. She didn't make eye contact with anyone, just let her eyes dance around the room.

Gabrielle sighs at our sister, "she thinks you're mad at her."

I frown, "I'm not. I hate to admit it, but she did the right thing." Nicholas squeezes my hand, my frown disappearing into just a thin line.  "Rose."

Her eyes locks with mine and she instantly frowns. I nodded for her to come over,watching as she slowly shuffled towards the bed, keeping her head down.

Gabby goes over to our parents and my other sisters, who were busy talking about something.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get you in trouble. I didn't know you'd have to stay in here for an eating disorder..." She fumbled with the thin blanket covering me, "I'm really sorry. I understand if you hate me and this is all my fault."