0.22

Nicholas (hehe)

Sliding another cup into the dishwasher, I glance back at the numbers on the oven, letting out a groan.

Another 10 minutes until he gets off work...

I was currently cleaning up the house a bit before William got here. It is normally tidy because it's only my mom and I, but I was making sure it looked perfect.

My mom left half an hour ago and I was already feeling quite lonely. I constantly had to remind myself that Will was coming at 6ish, so I tried not to let myself feel too down.

The lovely smell of beef stew floated through the kitchen, making my stomach growl to inhale it all. Just the thought of the juicy beef, large potatoes chunks, soft carrots, and all the spices...

My mouth began to water as I glanced at the large pot on the stove.

What if he doesn't like it?

I roll my eyes, who the fuck doesn't like beef stew? If he doesn't like it, he can have an apple.

Don't be like that...

I shut the dishwasher, my eyes darting back towards the clock. It's only been two minutes.

Ever since he agreed to stay the weekend, I've been counting down the days, then the hours, and now the minutes until I got to see him. It sucks that we don't have any classes together or the same lunch as each other.

I don't know why I'm so excited to see him. I normally don't give a crap about people whenever they come over. I'm usually counting down the minutes until they leave.

I don't like people...

My fingers flip the page of The Lightning Thief, a book that I've read a million times already and seen the movie just as many. I adjust my reading glasses on my nose, scanning over the fiamilar words.

I just wanted to pass time and take my mind off the thought that William was going to be here any minute from now. It feels like hours since I last checked the clock, but I know it's barely been 5 minutes since I've only read that many pages.

Just about 5 more minutes, just read the rest of the chapter.

I seem to quickly get lost in the words, memories of different times I've read this part of the book going through my head. I was just scanning over the words, not even reading it as I thought.

I first picked up when I was 7 and it was Christmas morning. My mom and her boyfriend had been fighting all week, not stopping to enjoy the holidays.

I remember staying up all night on Christmas, reading it underneath my blanket with a flashlight, trying to drown out their arguing.

Then whenever my mom's most recent but last husband would torture me, for years I would just re-read this book just to escape my own life.

That's the best thing about books, especially fantasy books.

Drawing me from my thoughts, a vehicle door shuts, excitement rebuilding in my stomach. I quickly scan the living room, making sure everything looked perfect before I run to the door.

I throw open the door, seeing William walking up the porch, a smile appearing on his face. His face brightened even more, "you wear glasses?"

My hands flew to my face, feeling the frames around ky face. "Oh,uh, yeah. I use them for reading and forgot to take them off."

He studied my face for a moment, his blue eyes moving around. "I think they look cute." I move aside, allowing him into the house, a blush creeping onto my cheeks, something I rarely do. "Ooh, it smells good. What did you make?"