(54): Motivation

Not edited so sorry for mistakes in advance.

**

You brought wine!" I exclaim excitedly.

Avery was luckily very available to keep me company while the others are all at the race. We've been getting closer throughout the week and she fits in so perfectly with the group that she now chills with us. Everyone thought it was weird at first- especially Kyle- but I guess they don't mind much now. Nick is definitely taking advantage of their time together and I think it's so cute.

I learned that she has an older brother who now works but was in college last year. She's been there since freshmen year but I'd just never seen her around. She lives around even though she stays in the dorms- she says she just wanted to be away from home for a while. She's majoring in Finance so she's probably pretty smart. Oh yeah, she dated Jared at one point but that didn't last. I thought it was so funny because how the hell did we not cross paths if we were dating roommates? But yeah, she's just a really nice girl overall.

The week was pretty okay. Just assignments, friend time and Kyle time- which is definitely my favorite. Everyday with him is better than the last.

"Yes girl!" She smirks.

I give her a warm hug before we both move to sit on the couch but not before I grab two glasses from the kitchen.

"So how come everyone is at the race and not you?" She asks me taking a sip.

"Kyle's being all protective" I mutter.

She grins "That is so freaking cute. I thought Kyle was all rude and mean and all"

"He is" I snort amused.

"Not to you though"

"Not anymore" I correct.

"Right" She laughs "Hey, I've heard rumors about those races"

"Like what?" I raise a knowing brow.

"That they're illegal and like if the cops busted it, everyone present would be arrested or fined or something like that"

I take a sip "Maybe"

"Holy shit, it's true?" She gapes.

"Yeah but it's really fun there. At first I was also creeped out but I think they cover their steps really well"

"I'd like to go there"

I smirk "You should ask Nick"

"What's with the look?" She eyes me, rolling her eyes because she already knows where this is going.

"What look?" I shrug innocently.

"Chelsea"

"Okay fine. So what's going on with you two?" I finally ask.

"Nothing" She tries to hide a blush.

I scowl "Stop lying"

"Okay maybe I have a little crush on him but that's all it is. I mean we live in the same apartment and now we kind of have the same friends so obviously we spend a lot of time together. I guess it was inevitable"

"So have you told him?" I ask.

She fills up her now empty glass. Woah this girl drinks fast. Mine is almost finished but I still have a few sips left, but I'm definitely feeling the effect already.

"No. Chels I just want us to stay friends for now. I mean it's only been like a week"

"Well do you guys flirt?"