"But why us ?" Elena asked getting closer to her.

"Because you're a Petrova doppelgänger, you're the key to breaking the curse." She said looking at Elena.

"The curse? The Sun and the Moon curse?" Nat asked now walking closer to them.

"So you do know your history."

"What do you mean I'm the key? The moonstone is what breaks the curse." Elena said.

"No, the moonstone is what binds the curse. The sacrifice is what breaks it." She said matter of factly.

"The sacrifice?" Nat asked her not understanding what she was talking about.

"The blood of the doppelgänger." She turned to Elena. "You're the doppelgänger. Which means, in order to break the curse you're the one who has to die." Nat widened her eyes and looked at Elena, who seemed just as shocked by this information. But she composed herself quickly and looked back at Rose.

"What about Nat? Is she needed for the sacrifice too?"

"No, she was just a complication." She looked at Nat up and down while the girl held her breath. "Mm, you could work as a peace offering, maybe you'll be his next meal." She shrugged and walked around the room.

"Oh goody." She muttered sarcastically under her breath. Elena glared at her, signalling for her to be quiet. Elena turns to Rose and walks towards her. Nat stays put while Trevor comes in.

"Tell me more."

"Captivity has made her pushy, eh?" He smirked at her. "What do you want to know doppelicious?"

"Who were you running from?"

"The Originals." He answered while putting a board up to block the sun from entering.

"Yeah, she said that." Nat said while looking at him. "What does that mean?

"The first family, the old world. Rose and I pissed them off."

"Mm hmm." Rose shook her head at him.

"Correction, I pissed them off, Rose had my back and for over half a millennium, they wanted us dead."

"What did you do?" Elena asked confused.

"He made the same mistake countless others did: he trusted Katerina Petrova." At the sound of her name Nat snapped her head quickly, getting dizzy for a second before exhaling.

"Katherine." Elena realized.

"The one and only, the first Petrova Doppelgänger." Nat frowned.

"I helped her escape her fate and now I've- sorry, we've been marked ever since."

"Which is why we're not gonna make the same mistake again." Rose said before Trevor and her leave the room. Nat looked at Elena and took her hand.

"You're cold! Nat, you're not okay." Elena told her worriedly.

"I'm fine, let's just sit on the couch, okay?" Nat told her and Elena nodded, still uneasy but leaving the room and finding the one with the couch in it. Once they entered, they sat on it, but heard a paper rustle. They looked at each other confused before they spotted a piece of paper there. Elena took it and showed it to Nat.

Stefan and Damon are coming for you. -B

Nat and Elena look at each other and smile, relieved that they were coming for them.

"We're gonna be okay, Nat." Elena tells her, She just nods and closes her eyes, already getting a bit nauseous. She swallows and just holds her sister's hand. She hears footsteps and opens her eyes. Rose comes in and looks at Nat confused.