Chapter 1: Amnesia

Start from the beginning

By the time they were done, Nezuko had returned, helping her mother feed the rest of the children, while Sachiko was outside, sitting infront of the front door, holding Rokuta, watching the Sunset.

Nezuko popped her head out from behind the front door, looking at the two. She smiled and simply stated, breaking the silence

"Tanjiro will be coming back tomorrow, seeing to it that he hasn't arrived yet. Come on, Sachiko you can stay over for tonight."

Sachiko nodded, picking the small child up before walking inside, Nezuko sliding the door close behind them.

After joining the family for dinner, Nezuko and Sachiko helped put the younger siblings to rest. Afterwards, She followed Nezuko to the living room and chatted with her.

Sachiko was smiling before looking confused as she felt a tug on her sleeve. Looking towards that direction, she realized it was Rokuta. She picked him up and held him, trying to help him fall asleep as he couldn't.

Sachiko handed Rokuta to Nezuko, before heading out to get her haori that she had forgotten about.
She slipped on her slippers and slid the door open, only to be met with a pair of plum red orbs.

Sachiko examined the tall figure, pale skin with a fedora. He was smiling but she felt that the smile wasn't good nor innocent.

"Pardon me, is Sachiko Nakamura here?"

Sachiko nodded before replying softly.

"T-that's me.."

Nezuko looked as she saw that Sachiko hasn't left yet, watching her converse with a unknown man.

The male smiled before stating

"Good, good. Now don't worry. This won't hurt too much."

The man then swiftly ran behind Sachiko and kicked her outside with inhumane force, Sachiko's back hitting a tree.

She heard a crack and realized that she broke her rib. She tried to get up but failed, not being used to the immense pain. She reached her hand out and tried to yell for Nezuko or Kie as she watched the figure walk inside the house.

She cried silently, only tears falling down her cheek as she was slowly losing conscious, most of her energy drained as she struggled to get up.

Sachiko's eyes closed but kept fluttering open, she uttered a few words before finally passing out.

"I-I'm sorry.. Tanjiro.."

~

Tanjiro walked up the mountain, smiling, seeing to it as it had snowed that night, hoping to see Sachiko and Nezuko fairly soon.

He kept walking happily before stopping in his tracks in terror. His eyes widen and he started running up the mountain, smelling a lot of Iron in the air. Which only meant one thing.

Blood was presence.

He ran towards his house, dropping the basket at the sight of Sachiko, her body resting against the tree infront of their house. He ran towards her to examine her situation even more.

She had her bloody haori in her hands, and then his eyes widen as he saw the state of her yukata. It was drenched in blood, mainly near her torso and a few splotches on her sleeves.

He turned towards the house, hoping it was only Sachiko who was hurt. He sees Nezuko on the ground, seeming to hold Rokuta in a tight embrace.
They were also covered in blood.

He slammed the door open, only to cover his mouth as his eyes widen in horror as he slowly fell to the ground.
His mother.. Takeo...Hanako....Shigeru.. All laying on the floor, dead..

He turned around to see Sachiko stir, her eyes fluttering open. He rushed towards her, kneeling down infront of her.

Sachiko groaned in pain as she tried to sit up. She looked up at the boy infront of her, confused as to why she was there in the first place.

Tanjiro eyes widen in shock as he realized that her eyes were a lighter shade of purple, her pupils a dark purple, no longer a vibrant black.

Tanjiro tried to help Sachiko up, but stopped as he saw fear in her eyes.

"W-who are you?.."

Tanjiro's heart stopped as he heard those words. He stood up infront of her and spoke softly, hiding his confusion.

"You don't remember who I am?"

He watched as she shook her head, still terrified of him for some reason. He looked towards her, his eyes softening as he held his hand out.

"My name is Tanjiro Kamado. Im your best friend."

She nodded and hesitated before finally taking his hand. He smiled before helping her up and then leaving, to check on every family member's situation, confirm they were dead.

Tanjiro walked over to Nezuko's body and put his ear close to her chest.

Badum.. Badum.. Badum..

Tanjiro's eyes widen in relief and shock, picking Nezuko up before turning to Sachiko.

She watched as he picked her up, confused as to why the burgundy haired boy picked up the girl who was lying on the floor, covered in blood.

"Do you remember your name?"

Sachiko thought for a long time before nodding.

"S-Sachiko Nakamura.."

Tanjiro smiled softly as he realized she still remembered a few things, like her name and birthday.

"Well Sachiko, you should follow me for the mean time, I need to take Nezuko to see a doctor!"

Tanjiro took off, Sachiko watching and then running with him, her catching up to him at a very fast pace.

Tanjiro looked over at Nezuko who was on his back, watching as she was about to wake up.

I promise Nezuko, I'll help you. I'll figure out who did this and seek justice for our family. You have my word.

Tanjiro looked back infront of him, growing tired as he ran down the Mountain. He desperately tried to keep pushing forward, not caring about the pain and numbness he felt in his legs.

Sachiko watched as the girl then rose and started to growl, throwing both herself and Tanjiro off the side of the mountain.

Sachiko's eyes widen as she jumped after them, grabbing Tanjiro and twisting her body, her back facing the ground, her eyes closed tight waiting for the impact.