#3- Patching Things Up Pt.2

^^^ Ik this song is super old but idk I just vibe it. With the flashback scene down below, I'm not sure when she became friends with the Pogues but I think it was more recently in the show, let's just pretend they've been friends for a while.

No POV:

Kiara knew that eventually, everything with Pope would blow over but she couldn't help from feeling like she'd let him down. She truly never meant for things to go this far, she picked up her phone and tried to call him. Straight to voicemail. Damn, she thought.

She picked up the three embroidered coasters that she received as a birthday present a few years back. Kiara remembered the day she got it.

It was Kiara's tenth birthday, the first one she ever invited the boys to. She didn't expect a present from them, knowing that they probably couldn't afford much. That is why she was so surprised when they came bearing a small box. 

The sun glistened on the shiny new birthday wrapping paper as she undid the messily prepared wrapping. Inside was a little cardboard box with three uneven coasters they had made as a present. It wasn't much, but young Kiara always kept them on their bedside where they still sat too special to even be used.

Kie smiled as she remembered that day. Simpler times, when the most exciting thing was going out to the marsh in their small canoes. Nowadays, you were always looking for an escape. A way to make yourself feel better. A way to make others feel better.

Kiara walked drove down to the docks, maybe if she was busy it would keep her from thinking. It didn't, however. Working down there was so tediously boring it was a miracle Pope managed to spend all his time down there working. Then that made her think about Pope and how she screwed it all up. As sunset neared, she heard a loud familiar voice, Pope's dad.

Sighing, Kiara got up, trying to avoid him knowing that Pope wouldn't be too far behind. She wasn't lucky, however and Pope's voice rang out and he motioned for her to come over. Surprised by this gesture, she went over.

"Look, about the other day," He began, "I'm sorry, I overreacted, I was just angry and annoyed. I guess deep down I was kind of sceptical but I suppose that I wanted it to be true I kind of pushed it down. I mean, people don't go from blatantly saying it'll never happen and then kiss in a matter of days," Pope continued.

Kiara didn't expect that response and just gave him a parting hug.

"I'm still really sorry, Pope," Kie said before getting in her car and driving back home, where her mother was waiting.

Kiara's POV:

As I got home, my mother was waiting for me with a stern look on her face. Shit. 

"Kiara Carrera! Where were you? You were late for your fitting and you know how difficult it is to re-book!" She yelled.

"Sorry Mum, I was down at the docks," I started. Unfortunately, I knew exactly what she was talking about. The week after next I was being forced to go to some other fancy party at one of the clubs my parents are part of. Sarah would be there, but she normally spends her time mingling and hanging out with other Kooks, so that's a no-go zone. As I was thinking about this, an idea popped into my head.

"Hey, look, I'm actually sorry. I promise that next time I'll put effort and remember those things again. But I was wondering if I could bring some friends? You know... To make things a little more bearable," It was a risky move, but if I could bring the guys that would make it almost enjoyable.

"Oh sure, just make sure they look presentable and if you miss another fitting it's off," She sighed before sitting back down at the counter and going through her phone. I smiled before going up the stairs to message everyone.

~~~The Gang~~~

Kie: Oi, you guys free weekend after next?

JohnB: Like we would be busy

P: Yeah, y?

Kie: I've got something on at one of the clubs and I was hoping you guys could come

JJ: Would we need to get dressed up?

Kie: yea but dw I've got the suits covered

JohnB: What does dw mean?

P: don't worry

JohnB: oh kk

JJ: Guess I'll come

JJ: I mean, I can't pass up free food

Word Count: 744

Oop that chapter was kinda long? I want it to be the average length for my chapters tho lol. Sorry if the texting scene was weird I was struggling to put their characters in text form XD hope you enjoyed lol