v. meet matt

*this is not based off of a one day at a time episode*

𑁍︎༆︎𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖...!
ᶠᵗ ᵃˡᵉˣ ᵃˡᵛᵃʳᵉᶻ
005. 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦
💭*.🌸*.🥛*.☁️*.🛁*.🐷*.🐇*.~ "I can't help falling in love with you."

𝒞𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿ive➪︎'•🥛🐇

"𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨, 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝

"𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨, 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝."

𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕ఌ︎

It was saturday morning, the sun peered through the bedroom window

It was saturday morning, the sun peered through the bedroom window. My alarms obnoxious ringing woke me up. I shot up from my spot on the bed and rubbed my eyes.

Tonight we would be meeting Matt. Even though Matt and Sofia weren't together he made her very happy and I loved seeing my sister happy. She hasn't been this happy in a while, especially after everything that we've went through for the past few years.

Sofia invited him over for dinner at the Alvarez's since the whole family wanted to meet him and they've been excited to for the past few weeks. I looked to my right seeing Sofia fast asleep. I got out of bed and walked into our bathroom.

I showered and wore ^
I walked back into the bedroom and woke up Sofia. As she was getting ready I was sitting on our couch watching riverdale. She came out of the bathroom in MY robe. "Is that my robe?" I asked looking over. "Umm, maybe... but you need to help me." She replied.

"With what?" I asked picking up the remote putting on the next episode. "I need to look good today when Matt comes so, what should I wear?" She asked looking through her side of the closet. I walked next to her and started looking through her clothes. "This is cute." I said holding up a red long sleeve turtle neck and black jeans.

"Hmm, I don't know about that one." She said staring at the outfit in my hands. I shrugged and held up and light blue, flowy, short sleeve dress. She took it from me and went back into the bathroom.

A little while later she came put of the bathroom in the dress. "You look nice." I smiled. I did her hair for her and we walked out to the living room looking for Schneider. We looked throughout the whole house and he wasn't there so we assumed he already was downstairs.

I grabbed my keys and we took the elevator downstairs and walked into the Alvarez apartment. As soon as I walked in I was hit with the smell of food. I saw Alex sitting on the couch on his phone. I smiled and sat next to and attacked him with a hug. He laughed and hugged me back.

Schneider was already in the apartment, talking to Penelope at the table. Alex and I went into the kitchen to help Lydia cook. Alex was cutting up peppers, which was always my job.

"Get your own job. I always cut the peppers." I said looking at him with my arms crossed. "I want to do it this time. You never let anyone else cut them." He replied. I gave him a death stare before saying "Move!" "Make me." He says with a smirk. I start tickling him and he giggles uncontrollably. "V-val st-stop!" He yelled. "I'll stop when you let me cut the damm peppers." "Fine!"

I took his seat and started to cute the peppers and look back at Alex smiling.

...

It was around 7pm and Matt would be here any moment now. Sofia was freaking out, pacing back and forth. "If you guys embarrass me in front of him, you're all dead!" She exclaims, causing me to jump. "He's here!" She yells and runs out of the apartment. About two minutes later I hear the door open and I wall towards it. "Everyone, this is Matt."

A boy, atleast a foot taller than Sofia walks in behind her. His curls covered his eyes a bit and his smile lit up the room. I walked up to him and shook his hand. "Hi I'm Sofia's older sister Valeria, but you can call me Val." I said smiling. "It's nice to meet you she's told me a lot about you."

Everyone else introduces themselves. Although when Schneider introduces himself to Matt he said "Hello Matthew. I'm Schneider. I'm just gonna let you know, if you break Sofia's heart I will break every bone in your body." "Schneider!" I hit him. Matt looked at him in fear.

...

After dinner we decided to play uno before Matt's brother had to pick him up. I shuffled all the cards and passed them out. I sat next to Alex and he put his chin on my shoulder trying to look at my cards. "Alex!" I said before hitting his arm. After a couple rounds, I haven't won once.

In the last round Matt won and I threw my cards down on the table and frowned. "This is bullshit." I said. "Language!" Penelope practically yelled at me. "Sorry." I said looking down. Alex pulled me into him and rubbed my shoulder.

After Matt left I helped Lydia clean up in the kitchen then went back into the livingroom and sat down next to Alex. "Hey, I have to go to a friends bar mitzvah in a couple days, so, I was wondering if you could be my plus one?" He asked. "Of course I will." I ended up falling asleep watching a movie with him and Elena.

𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕ఌ︎

I looked over seeing Val asleep on Elena's shoulder, who was also asleep. I chuckled at the sight.

Val's adorable when she sleeps.

I wish I could tell her how I feel. But, I'm scared she'll reject me.

I smile at her and kiss her forehead before getting up and taking off the TV. I didn't want to wake them up so I just let them sleep.

Karissa's messages...!

I hoped y'all liked this chapter even though it's trash(: