xiv. quinces planning, bitches, and secrets

TW: strong language, mentions of violence, mentions of dead relatives, mentions of/insinuated sexual acts, and mentions of homophobia *spice warning*

*spice warning*

Valeria and her friend group always eat lunch outside of the school because it was more private and was convenient when planning for her quinces since the whole group would be a part of her court. Val wanted it all to be perfect because when she was young her mother always had this vision of her quinces and Valeria wanted it to be just like how she described it.

Valeria is currently standing at her locker putting some things away. She was about to pick up her laptop until she felt a pair of familiar hands on her waist. "Hola mi amada."Alex whispers into her ear and softly kisses behind it which makes Valeria melt.

"Hi papito." Valeria smiles turning to face him.

"You have everything?" Alex asks. Valeria picks up her laptop and her phone and nods. Alex takes her laptop for her, grabs her hand, and they walk their usual route to the table they always sit at.

The couple sees their friends ahead but Valeria notices something. She sees what looks like blonde hair but none of her friends are blonde so who is that? When they reach the table Jade and Celeste come up and hug Valeria and she then hears a rather high-pitched voice say "Hi Alex!"

Valeria looks over and sees a very unfamiliar girl. She was smiling so brightly at Alex and Valeria already sensed something weird. She sits down next to her boyfriend and wraps her arms around his torso while looking at her. The girl's smile drops as Alex kisses Valeria's forehead. "Who is she?" The girl asks annoyed.

"This is our best friend Valeria she's also Alex's girlfriend. Valeria, this is Chloe." Hugo explains.

"Hey, it's nice to meet you." Valeria fake smiles and her and Chloe gives her a nasty look.

"How long have you been dating?" She asks with her arms crossed.

"11 and a half months."Valeria says staring right back at her. Her friends feel the tension. "How do you know Alex?" Valeria questions.

"We have the same history class we're practically best friends." Chloe smiles and touches Alex's bicep. Valeria stares her down and Finn decides to change the subject.

"So, umm...Valeria, your birthday is coming up do you want anything specific?" Finn asks before stuffing a chip in his mouth.

"Not really I don't really want much on my actual birthday I just want to wait till the party." She replies. And looks back over at Chloe who's still touching Alex. Alex shrugs her off and puts his arm around Valeria's waist.

"You're having a party?" Chloe asks.

"Yes, it's my quinceanera." Valeria says. "Speaking of quinces you all are obviously a part of my court so who's dancing with who Lydia needs to know?" Valeria asks her friends.