Chapter 22

Haechan gulped as he looked at the results from the auditions. Soojung smiled beside him, happy with the results.

"Yay, I got the Belle!" She sung before noticing Haechan's stiff posture. She looked from the sheet back to him, confused.

"What's wrong, you got the lead." Soojung said, poking his arm.

"Yeah, that's the problem." Haechan responded before shaking his head. He began walking away, making his way to his locker. Soojung chased after him.

"Hey, come back!" Soojung called, running through the halls. She grabbed onto his arm, spinning him around harshly.

A little too hard though as the momentum caused her to crash straight into Haechan's chest. Haechan's hands held onto her arms, steadying her as their faces were inches apart. Soojung held her breath as she stared into his eyes, only for him to take a step back, turning around.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Haechan quickly said, making his way to the school's parking lot.

...

Chenle was getting fed up. The girl had been staring at him and Jisung for the last five minutes as they stood in the long line for food in the cafeteria.

"Can I help you?" Chenle finally said, eyeing Haerim. The students around them quieted down at his words. Jisung turned to see who his best friend was talking to.

"Chenle, what's wrong?" Jisung asked tugging at the sleeves of his best friends blazer.

"Haerim's been glaring at us for the longest time." Chenle said, stepping out of line to approach her as Haerim kept her gaze on him.

"You're all pathetic." Haerim said, rolling her eyes. This angered Chenle.

"I'm so glad Jeno hyung is dating Haneul now. She's ten times better than you." Chenle spat back at her. This time, Haerim's hands were in fists.

"Watch what you say, Zhong." Haerim said, walking up to him. Chenle was going to say something back but Jeno approached him, hand on his shoulder.

"Don't bother Chenle, it's just a waste of your time." Jeno said before pulling Chenle back into line, leaving Haerim alone.

...

Jaemin leaned back in his seat as he stared at the sheet music in front of him. The task Jeno had given him was something he normally enjoyed but today, no words were coming to his head. He pulled at his roots, hoping that it would help his creative juices flow.

"You'll go bald like that." Renjun said from the other side of the dinning table. They were in their hangout, as the rest of their friends were still at school, completing their after school activities.

"I just can't think of anything." Jaemin told him.

"What are you doing anyways?" Renjun asked, curious.

"I'm helping Jeno write lyrics for this song. I got a bit of this rap part but now I'm stuck on the vocals." Jaemin told him. He passed Renjun the papers.

Renjun put his pen down, leaning forward to look at the notes and lyrics Jaemin had written.

"Hello, it's been so long, isn't it?"
The small piece that I put in my pocket and carry around everywhere
Please be with me so it can be fuller and prettier

Renjun hummed the melody of the part afterwards, thinking.

"How about this." Renjun said, taking his pen and writing down lyrics for the next part.

After I met you,
I'm able to draw a bigger picture

Renjun passed the paper back to Jaemin. Jaemin looked it over, humming the words to himself before smiling and nodding approvingly.

"I like it." Jaemin said as Renjun looked back at his notes. Renjun heard Jaemin's chair move and suddenly felt arms around him as Jaemin hugged him.

"Thank you so much Injunie." Jaemin cooed as Renjun pushed him away.

"Aish, you're so annoying." Renjun muttered. Renjun looked back at the lyrics Jaemin had written.

"Where did you get the inspiration for this anyways, it's a pure love song." Renjun asked. A small smile appeared on Jaemin's lips, making Renjun smirk.

"You like someone, don't you?" Renjun asked.

"Maybe." Jaemin answered, keeping his eyes on his paper.

"Is it Mina?" Renjun continued asking.

"Maybe." Jaemin said again.

"Interesting." Renjun said, smiling to himself as he turned his attention back to his notes.

"Hey, don't you like Areum though?" Jaemin asked, making Renjun's head shoot up.

"Who told you that?" Renjun questioned the boy in front of him. Jaemin shrugged his shoulders.

"Just a hunch." Jaemin said, giving Renjun a wink before returning to his lyrics.

...

Mina stretched her arms as she stared at her screen. She had just finished making the final edits for the articles her subordinates had sent her. She quickly published them before packing up for the day. As she made her way outside, she noticed it had began raining. She looked at her phone, checking the time to see if any of her friends would still be at school. Realizing that the only one remaining was Haechan, who was in musical rehearsal, Mina decided to take the bus home.

Mina ran down the sidewalk, where the bus stop was. She sighed as she tried to cover her body and school bag with her jacket, failing miserably as the jacket definitely wasn't big enough for both. She sighed as she decided to cover her bag.

Suddenly, a silver car stopped in front of her, the window rolling down. Before Mina could see who the person was, three eggs had been thrown, the yolk falling into her eyes as the person yelled out to her.

"You horrid wench, stay away from Dream!" The person called out. The car behind them beeped, making the silver car quickly drive away.

Mina's tears streamed down her face as she wiped the egg yolk from her hair. The car that was behind the silver one stopped in front of her, this time, she recognized the owner of the car.

"What terrible person does that!" Soojung exclaimed, getting out of Haechan's car. She pulled Mina into the backseat of the car, nodding to Haechan once they were seated. Haechan pulled away from the school, making their way to their hang out.

———————————————————————————

I miss the dreamies already