Chapter 6

"We better get a lot of work done today." Mina said to the boy sitting in the driver seat, steering the car. Jaemin smirked to himself as he drove.

"Let's finish our assignment today." Jaemin said to Mina.

"If we don't this would have been a waste of my time." Mina told him as Jaemin turned onto the street where their hangout was located. As they got closer, they noticed three other cars in the driveway.

"Na Jaemin, why are there so many cars?!" Mina exclaimed to the boy beside her as Jaemin chuckled.

...

"So what's the real reason why you wanted me here?" Mina asked the six boys sitting around her. The boys had a feeling that Mina wouldn't be too happy about the situation, so they decided to make pancakes to feed all of them breakfast. Mina looked down at her plate, hesitating before taking a bite.

At least they had the decency to make me food, Mina thought to herself. The food did put her in a good mood, so thankfully for the boys, she wasn't as mad at them.

"Is there anything you can do about Rumor Has It? Their sources suck and none of the things they said about us is true." Renjun asked the girl, clearly angered by the articles. Mina shook her head.

"Like I told you guys before, I really have nothing to do with it." Mina told the boys. The smiles from their faces fell upon her words.

"I mean there must be something you can do, can't you?" Jisung asked her. Mina sighed deepy putting her fork down.

"I'm sorry, I'm in the same place as you." Mina told them. The boys nodded, understanding the situation. They each slowly got up to put their dirty plates away, leaving Mina behind with Jaemin.

"Let's go work on our assignment then." Jaemin said to her.

"Yeah, we should do that." Mina replied as she sat there, feeling bad for the boys.

...

"So Mina, what's your favourite cafeteria food?" Renjun asked, showing her the article he was reading on his phone.

It was now the start of the second week of school, and Mina and Renjun were at school early, getting their books for class.

"Definitely not the lasgna." Mina replied with a chuckle. A small smile spread on Renjun's face, a rare sight for the boy. His happiness was quickly interrupted by a dolphin-like screech from the other end of the hallway. The two seniors exchanged looks before saying the same thing.

"Chenle."

...

Rumor has it that Zhong Chenle's father owns the school, probably the reason why his best friend, Park Jisung, is in the same year depite being younger too.

~ Anonymous

...

"To be fair, that's one of the weaker rumors." Haechan said to the group.

"Yeah, but it's still wrong on so many levels. My dad doesn't own the school, he's an investor! And Jisung being in my year has nothing to do with that either, it's not my fault he skipped a year of kindergarten!" Chenle yelled out, causing students to stare. Jisung patted his best friend.