7

It was time.

Time to proceed in the Final Selection. My face was sweating like crazy as I watched Benibara sow a haori that was red with black swirls. Almost like roses were printed all over it. She held it up and examined the final parts. "Done." She smiles and looked at me, "You can wear my outfit. The one in the back. I'm too large to have it so keep it." She said and I went to the back to see a white gown. I grabbed it and placed it over me.

Seeing the cloth almost go pass my knees. Soon I removed my pajamas off and replaced it with the gown that had sleeves that stoped in the middle of my elbow. I looked down and smiled, This actually fits... When I appeared in the room Benibara was in. She was staring at a wall. "Um... Benibara?"

"Huh? Oh! Seems like the outfit fits you." She said and grabbed the red rosed haori. She then motioned me to come to her and when I did, she placed the cloth around me. My arms slipped into the baggy clothing and relaxed against me. "Perfect!" Benibara exclaimed and then turned me around a few times. "You look perfect, now did you get your sword I said to get?"

"Yes mam, right here." I said and placed my hand on top of the butt cap. Benibara sighed and then stepped back, "You already look like you will do great."

"Eh... I don't want to jinx it though..." I muttered. I was obviously afraid. The Final Selection was a difficult task to become a Demon Slayer. It was located at the Fujikasane mountains, which was miles from here. Apparently the people participating has to survive at least seven days. Then after that return to get your blade, uniform, and crow. It sounded and looked like a task that I would probably die for.

But if I want to be and see Giyu again, that will be my task. I had to get stronger, I have to be strong.

Benibara sat her hands on her hips, "Now the short cut to those mountains are in this map." She whipped out what seemed to be a hand drawn map, "Take this. You won't be lost because of the items. I use this map a lot anyway." My eyes met hers, "Thank you. Thank you for everything." I said. She shook her head, "Don't thank me yet, you still have to pass.

"Oh."

"Now. Get going before it's too late!" I nodded and said my goodbyes to her as I went on my long journey. It took a long while. I was running but eventually I just walked. But kept a steady pace. Then and then I would looked at the map and look at way points that Benibara would point out. Seeing them as I passed.

That's when I realized that the mountain was just down the side of the mountain we were at. I smiled and then started to pick up running again.

But before I knew it it grew dark. I sighed and mentally slapped myself for thinking something that easy. Soon after a while I saw violet looking colors in the background. I narrowed my eyes and started walking towards the glowing lights.

I soon realized what they were Wisteria flowers. And my god were they beautiful. I walked into the field that was hanging amongst the trees. Seeing they glew with glee. It brought a smile to my face, seeing it in real life made me almost forget about what will happen next. I looked ahead and saw red pillars that all lead to an area. I saw lots of people around with swords and their own haoris. I stopped and looked around seeing if Tanjiro was in this or Kanoe or at least Zenitsu.

Sadly they weren't here. I guessed it was because I came a season earlier than them. Since I did sort of train right around the corner while Tanjiro had to go to another mountain entirely. I sighed as I stepped forward and saw all the contestants. There was a lot and I knew it was going to end up with only few to one.

Suddenly two little girls showed up, one with black hair and the other white. "Welcome. Thank you for coming here tonight to the Demon Corp Final Selection." That's when the white haired girl spoke, "There are demons imprisoned here on this very mountain. They were captured by Demon Slayers and unable to leave." It was the black haired girl's turn to talk, "The reason why is because of the Wisteria flowers, which demons hate so much, blooms year around at the bottom halfway up to the mountain."

This seems familiar but yet I kept listening. Just in case new information would come up. "There is no wisteria from this point on and demons will be about."

"You'll need you survive seven days to pass the selection."

That's when the both of them bowed, "Be on your way now." I nodded as everyone else around be boasted that it'll be easy. I knew deep down survival was the point of this. So seven days are the right amount to live without food and water, then as well having to survive a hoard of hungry demons out for your flesh. I prayed then and there that I would be safe and somehow by a miracle will come out alive.