XXI | Vermillion Decorations

Start from the beginning

"Here, have this gift. This particular poison likes to mess your mentality a little."

"Don't worry, it's only making me sweat. I haven't lost my mind yet."

Mashiro stayed silent to Uzui's words making him grow a few more veins. Not even a blink of an eye yet, Mashiro and Uzui was already engaged in an exchange of blows from their weapons. The two Hashiras would occasionally switch their opponents.

Breath of Snow, Seventh Style: Whirlwind Frost

Mashiro's technique cut Daki's limbs into tiny pieces. Before getting to her head, Gyuutarou threw a Blood Sickle attack at Mashiro. This time, Mashiro evaded it all, moving quickly, sweat beginning to form finally as a few veins began to appear around her body.

Even the layer of red in her eyes grew, the usual colour of gold growing smaller.

Uzui and Mashiro was a duo to recognise. They rarely saw each other fight, but could tell their fighting styles just by getting to know each other... Uzui lifted Mashiro up by pushing her back so she could kick Daki away. Gyuutarou gave continuous attacks as Uzui threw small bombs again. Uzui sliced them over to Gyuutarou while Mashiro to Daki. Gyuutarou dodged while his sister wasn't as lucky. Whilst Gyuutarou was occupied with Uzui, Mashiro sliced Daki's head easily again.

"Why am I the only one receiving cuts all over the place?!" The sister whined, having difficulty to attach her head as Mashiro continued to slice her sash and limbs. Gyuutarou grew even more annoyed with the snow haired woman and kept her away from his sister.

After a few moments more of this, Inosuke and Zenitsu announced their arrival. Tanjiro appeared from the floor above, landing in front of Uzui and beside Mashiro.

"Some of your underlings came, but there won't be a happy future for you, man." Gyuutarou scratched his face, "You're all gonna die so don't give me your sparkly eyes."

Mashiro smelt the extreme fear Tanjiro was emitting and glanced at him. Then Uzui began to spout some words,

"We will win. We are Demon Hunters."

Daki shouted, "No you can't! Those two Hashiras- your last ray of hope is slowly dying of poison!" This made Tanjiro glance at both of his superiors with concern.

"Our jobs is to slay demons, not lose to them." Mashiro added, letting out a huff. The poison was slowly decreasing her stamina, "We won't ever lose to demons- we won't succumb to death just like that."

Uzui gave an excited shout, "We'll win easily, you dumb underlings! There may be poison in our bodies but we're just running high! Don't look down on us humans!!"

"You're more stupid than I thought. I hope you'll realised what you've done wrong after we win." Mashiro closed one eye.

"That's right! These boys are our prized 'successors'!! They won't run away! They got guts!"

"They're not your normal Demon Slayers. They're closer to becoming Hashiras than most. Better start acknowledging them soon..." The female Hashira patted Tanjiro's head.