XXI | Vermillion Decorations

Start from the beginning

"Well the two of us are one after all." Gyuutarou spoke sickly and continued to praise the two Hashira's 'wonderful life', "You two are veryyy different, man. Different from all the Hashiras I've killed till now. You're special people when you were born... I envyy that, man..."

"Huh? Talent?..." Uzui blinked.

"What do you mean?..." Mashiro's voice resounded in the building, her dull eyes boring into the sight of the two siblings as if daring them to speak more for their lives.

"Do I look like I have some kind of talent?" Uzui darkened his eyes, veins branching out as he wore a creepy grin, "If that's how you see someone like me, then you must have had a wonderful life."

Mashiro glanced to her partner. She knows that he was just the same as everyone else- Normal but only slightly different in various ways. She knew that he was hinting to some other Hashiras who were stronger and he acknowledges that too much. He is as awesome as any other Hashira.

"Living for hundreds of years yet you chose to lock yourself up in this kind of place? I'm not surprised you don't know how the world functions. This is a huge country swarmed by many amazing guys." Uzui continued, "There are strange guys who became Hashiras just two months after picking up a blade, and some who can even match a demon's strength without the need of a weapon... And you say that I got chosen? Don't mess with me! How many lives do you think slipped through my fingers?!"

Mashiro held an arm out in front of Uzui, interrupting him, "You were always the guy I looked up to the most amongst the Hashiras, Tengen. Don't doubt yourself. But it is true... Neither of us live wonderful lives."

"Nghhh..." Gyuutarou grunted, "Then explain why you two are still alive. My 'Blood Sickle' is full of deadly poison. But you still haven't dropped dead yet, riiight?"

"I'm from a family of shinobi. I developed some resistance so poison won't work." Uzui answered.

"The shinobi went extinct in the Edo Era- don't lie to us!" Daki yelled.

"I've been trained to consume all sorts of poisons for every meal I ate two years straight three years ago. But I guess most parts of my body is still decent against them." Mashiro blinked.

Daki twitched her eye, "What kind of sane person would digest poison each time they eat?" Mashiro gave her an obvious look,

"Me."

Uzui stayed silent. Sweat was dripping down his face as his posture was slouched slightly.

"Hm? Hmm? Hmmmm?" Gyuutarou observed Uzui, "Hee. Hee, hee, hee. Looks like the poison is taking it's effect on him slowly and steadily... The whole 'not working' thing was a bluff, wasn't it? How laaaame. Hee, hee."

"No, it's not working at all. How about a dance for you? I'm in perfect shape, and I can eat a hundred tempura bowls flamboyantly!" Uzui stated with a smile despite his sickly look.

Mashiro didn't look convinced so she hopped and did a full kick to Uzui's head, forcing the Sound Hashira to crouch down on his side, blood trickling down his face faster. Gyuutarou and Daki wore a slightly dumbfounded expression at Mashiro's actions to her ally.