Chapter 15

John B's POV

I sigh while sitting in the living room with everybody. I'm bummed that she kinda just shut the door on me like that earlier, but it's fine. Not the end of the world, it could've been worse. She got home safely and that's mainly all I wanted.

"She's a kook for Christ's sake John B, what the hell are you thinking??" Kie asks me, her nose scrunched in a disappointing look. I sigh, knowing that no matter how I explain it, she's just not going to listen. I'm not gonna win this argument.

"She's not meant to be a kook, she's got a background, Kie. Leave it alone." I tell her in a warning tone, and she looks hurt. I try and reassure her by saying "It's not like I'm choosing her over you guys. I just want you to get along.".

She scoffs and shows Pope something on her phone. I'm really hoping that Kie can just get along with Laila, because I want her to be able to be around me more, so I can make sure nobody ever hurts her again.

I just really don't want to be put in a situation where Kiara makes me choose between our friend group and Laila. I'm not trying to break the group apart, I just want to acclimate them to Laila. She might be a kook, but she isn't like the others.

I pull out my phone and debate on wether or not I should text her, because I'm highly tempted. But maybe she's busy. If she wants to talk, she'll text me. I don't want to come off as obsessive.

JJ and me play call of duty against each-other for a little bit, but yet my mind stays stuck on her no matter what. I've been in relationships, and they didn't even make me feel anywhere near as close to the way I feel for her. She's making me crazy.

Laila's POV

After me and Payton's mini disagreement, she got up and went to her room, which was fine by me. I hate the tension between us, but maaaaan lemme tell you, I'm not just gonna sit there and let her spew bullshit. Bottom line, John B was there for me and she wasn't.

She doesn't have a reason for me to stay away from him, and she knows it. I can't put my finger on why she doesn't want me to, but maybe jealousy? Or a control complex over me? I don't know, but it's somewhat starting to bother me.

The front door opens, causing me to startle and walk towards the living room to see who it is. I'm greeted by my parents faces, which was a surprise. Home from work early? Shit.

They'll kill Payton if they find out she's home and I know that for a fact. Katie and me sit across from eachother on the couch, talking about how each others day went. Apparently she thought that I spent the night with Sarah along with Payton, so I go along with that. It must've been what Payton told her.

"I need to go get Payton's laundry, I'll be back sweetheart." She tells me, causing me to absolutely panic. I might be mad at her, but I know damn well I'm not about to let her get caught.

"Hey wait, lemme help you! I'll bring it down for you." I tell her, and she smiles thankfully at me. With that being said, I sprint up both floors to her room and throw open her door. She looks at me with the most confused look, and looks rather bothered by my entrance.

"Katie and Ron are home" I blurt out, mostly out of breath. She stands up as quickly as possible. "Shit.." she mumbles, and begins to pace. "Quick, give me your laundry." I tell her, and without it any questions she hands me her basket.

I carry her basket down to her mom, and she takes it and dumps it in her washer and tells me to leave the basket with her. I return to the living room and plop down on the couch, watching whatever's on TV at the moment.

Katie comes back into the room, and sits down next to me. "I have a question for youuu!" She says, as if she can't contain her excitement. I lower the volume on the TV and look at her with a smile, and tell her to ask away.

"Since school back up in New York is out, me and Ron wanted to offer flying out any one of your friends here for a week or two, to help you adjust a little bit better!" She says to me, and my mouth drops open in shock. I could bring my best friend, Cameron here. He's been my best friend since birth.

"Are you serious?? I'd love that so much!!" I nearly yell in excitement, making her grin even wider. I'm not used to being offered things like this, but I suppose when you've got soooo much extra money to spend, things like this are normal.

"I'll give you until dinner time to figure out who you'd like to have come visit, and me and Ron will take care of absolutely everything else!" Katie tells me, and I nearly explode with happiness.

I feel bad because I've been semi bad about keeping in contact with Cameron, but I want nothing more than to be able to hang out with him now that I know it's possible. I leave Katie and head up to my room, grabbing my MacBook.

I prop it up and facetime Cameron, and he answers on the first ring. "What's upppp Lails" He says, making me smile. He's called me Lails for a while, and I love the nickname with my whole heart.

Cameron's that one guy friend that's like my boyfriend, except neither of us have feelings for eachother, it's just how close we are. My current phone lockscreen is a picture of us that he sent me after I reached out.

"Soooo.. How would you feel about being flown out to the outer banks to see me??" I ask him, already knowing his answer. He lives with his older brother due to his parents walking out on him, so I already know that there won't be any permission issues.

"Are you deadass? Oh my god of course!!" He says, and I can hear the happiness in his voice. I explain to him the terms and give him a recap of my past few days, and he squeals in excitement.

A/N 15 votes for the next chapter, comment ur favorite character in OBX! <3