Chapter 35

Payton's POV

I love Laila, but none of this is fair. Now, because her psychotic ass father decided he probably wants to go on a killing spree for all four of us, I have to give up social media, seeing friends outside of my house, and going places. I practically live on social media, so that's kind of a big deal for me.

She doesn't really suffer from any of it, because the only person she really likes and knows is now living with us. There is now a pouge living in my fucking house, and I'm stuck here with him. I'm also stuck here with an antisocial brother that was supposed to be cute, and looks like the walmart brand version of lil huddy with a perm.

I sigh while sitting on my moms bed after she watched me delete social media, and sigh. "Can I still have people over?" I ask her, and she's quick to answer. "Of course, whenever you want. You don't even have to ask!" She tells me, and I mentally smirk.

Dad went to John B's house to go get clothes for him, and since he's not here I don't have to check with him about who I invite over. I have a somewhat evil idea to get back at Laila. I probably shouldn't be salty towards her over this, but her situation just ruined all of my summer plans.

My mom has everybody's phones in her room just to verify that there's no social media, so when my mom goes to use the bathroom I pick up Laila's phone, and put in her password. I quickly go into messages, and text topper.

Come over rn, imy. I'll be in my room waiting for you, front door is unlocked 💕🥰

Sent. I slip her phone into my back pocket, and head into the living room where everybody was. Instead only Dawson sits in there on his ipad, and I head upstairs to find everybody and sit with them to act unsuspicious. They're all sitting in Laila's room, and I think of a way to lure Angelo out so that it's just John B and Laila in there when Topper gets here.

"Hey, mom asked me to tell you that you need to unpack your clothes right now." I tell him, and he rolls his eyes. "That's not my mom, but gotcha." He says, standing up and storming off to his room. It seems like everything he does is angry, but that's whatever I guess.

I head up to my room, waiting for the drama to unfold.

Laila's POV

Angelo leaves along with Payton, and I get up and close my door to have some time with John B. I feel emotionally drained from today, and I think he can tell. He gets on my bed and lies down on his back, and motions to me. "Come here, lay with me.." He says in a comforting voice, and I kick off my shoes and lay on top of him, resting my head in the crook of his neck.

"I'm sorry all of this is happening.. I love you.." He mummers, and my heart melts when he says he loves me. "Mm, I love you too.." I say, and smile into his neck. He's the reason I feel so safe and invincible, even though I haven't known him for the longest time. He feels like home.

All of a sudden my door opens, and I sit up on John B to turn around and see who it is, and I mentally groan. Topper. What the hell is he doing here? "Topper?" I say, and he clenches his fists in anger. Oh man, this isn't gonna end well.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I ask him, and he glares at me. "What the fuck is he doing here??" He spits back, and I feel John B's arm come around me and pull me closer to him, almost as if he's trying to protect me. "Topper, you need to leave." I tell him, and he looks at me like I'm fucking joking.

"Really, Laila? Why is he here??" He asks me again, taking a step towards us and John B tenses up. "Topper, she told you to leave." He says with an agitated tone, and I anxiously reach for one of his hands. He grips my hand and rubs his thumb back and forth over the back of my hand, making me relax a little bit.

"She fucking invited me, shut the fuck up." Topper says, and John B turns to look at me. "Did you?" He asks me, and I shake my head no aggressively. "What the fuck are you talking about Topper??" I ask him, and he pulls out and shows both me and John B a text from my phone telling him to come over.

"She doesn't even have her phone, Katie has them all, get out." John B says, and Topper just looks confused. I climbed off of John B and pull him gently by his hand downstairs to with me, and Topper just follows us looking confused as hell.

"Katie, can I see my phone please?" I ask her, and she stares at me and then looks at Topper, then John B. "Uhhh, of course, it's over there with everyone else's phones." She says, looking confused as to when, how, and why Topper's here.

"It isn't here.." I say when I see that everybody else's are laying there, but not mine and Payton's. "John B, take your phone and call me once I get upstairs." I tell him, and sprint up the stairs outside of Payton's door.

And sure enough, I hear MY ringtone from the other side of the door, and angrily open her door to see my phone sitting on top of her dresser, and she looks shocked to see me in her room. "Fuck you." I angrily say and walk out of her room with my phone, slamming her door behind me.

Topper and John B stand cluelessly behind me on the staircase, looking for an answer. I wave my phone in front of them with an angry glare, and then Topper turns to me and asks me yet again, "WHY is he here Laila?" John B seems to have had enough with him asking, and snaps. "I live here now goddamnit, go the hell home Topper." he says, and points down the stairs towards the front door.

"Go, Topper. I like him, not you." I say, and without a word he angrily stomps down the stairs. I really don't understand why Payton would stir things around like that, there was no need. It just caused drama, and not even a lot of drama.

I feel overwhelmed and like I'm about to cry, so I head off to my room followed by John B, and he gives me a big hug as soon as we walk through my doorway. "Relax, everything is fine.. I'm here.." He says, rubbing small circles into my back. I sigh and try to let some of the stress off of my shoulders, as we lay back in bed as we were before Topper arrived.

U guys know the drill. 30 <3