Chapter 7

Laila's POV

I woke up to sunlight shining through the cracks between the curtains in my room that I forgot to close all the way yesterday, and began to stretch in bed. Was last night a dream? Did it actually happen? If it did, that was crazy.

I stand up and grab my phone, heading to the bathroom to take a shower. Today's the first day I'm staying home alone, because everyone else has school and work. I check my lock screen and see a text from Payton that says "It was his idea to stay, I apologize in advance."  What the fuck is she talking about? I reply to her asking her to explain, and then step into the huge shower.

I take a solid 30 minute hot shower, and then put my hair into double dutch braids afterwards. It's only 10:58, and Dad-or mr Hale, wants me to take the dog for a run in the neighborhood only before 12. It feels weird calling him dad, but I guess I've got to get used to that.

I notice a note on my door right before I go to get dressed, so I wrap a towel around my body and walk over to read it. "The boxes of clothes we ordered came in, every box in the living room is yours, I ordered you some surprises too. xoxo -Pay" I giggle reading it. She's so sweet that it makes me smile. The world needs more sisters like her.

Deciding to wear some of my new clothes today, I walk downstairs to retrieve the bags with only a towel wrapped around myself still. Since I'm home alone technically I could just walk around naked, but that doesn't feel right.

As soon as I reach the bottom of the stairs, the smell of syrup hits my nose. I guess that's what everybody ate for breakfast this morning, I wonder if there might just happen to be some leftovers?

I walk into the huge kitchen and see two plates of pancakes. There's also a paper bag of something else that I would assume to be food, but I'm not quite sure. I walk closer to the pancakes to take a plate, until a small "Hey, I'm sorry" sends me flying backwards into the counter, nearly dropping my towel. Him, again.

"WHAT THE FUCK JOHN B???" I scream, making sure that my towel is covering EVERYTHING. I turn around to face him, giving him the nastiest glare I could. This must've been what Payton was talking about. This is some real sick shit. He's in my goddamn house. How did he even convince her to let it happen??

"I'm so so sorry, I wanted to make it up to you and to bring you some breakfast. Payton gave some of your backstory last night and I just wanted to apologize for being such a dickhead." He says, his eyes looking genuinely apologetic. I nod my head in his direction, and take a plate of pancakes with one hand, and hold my towel in the other.

Without another word to him, I carry the plate up to my room, and he follows behind me. "What the fuck are you doing?" I ask him, stopping in my tracks to look at him as I reached my door. "Oh I-I uh forgot." he says, his eyes traveling down to glance at my towel. "Meet me downstairs?" He questions, and I nod.

I close my door and sit on my bed with my towel still around me, and eat my pancakes as quickly as possible. Is stuff like this normal here? Stuff like highly attractive boys that your family doesn't like being the only other person in your house and bringing you breakfast?

I go to get dressed and realize that I left the boxes clothes and stuff downstairs. Not a problem though, because he's here. I stand up and refasten my towel, opening my door to call John's name. He replied with a "yeah."

"I'll forgive you instantly if you can bring me all of the boxes in the living room, pretty please!" I yell across the house. "You got it, princess" He yells back, giving me slight butterflies. No, no no no. This isn't right. I, am a kook. John, is a pouge. That nobody likes. Not happening.

He comes upstairs with his arms full of several HUGE boxes, and looks at me with the most concerned look ever. "What the fuck is all this?Theres so much more of it." he asks me, and sits it down in front of my bed.

"Don't ask me, it was Payton's doing. I only ordered a couple outfits and she said the rest were surprises." I tell him, and he goes downstairs to get more. He sits them in the same area, and goes back downstairs.

"The boxes keep getting bigger and heavier, what the hell??" He mutters to himself, and makes five entire more trips up and down the stairs. My room becomes filled with boxes, and he comes back upstairs with the final box. While he was bringing some of the up, I went to the bathroom and put on a sweatshirt and nike shorts so that I didn't have to worry about a towel.

"Looks like I'm gonna be opening boxes for a while, care to help?" I ask him, trying to lighten the tension between us right now. He gives me an eager nod and sits on the floor with me, watching me intently as I grab a box and pull it until the tape tears. I pull out some of the shirts that I ordered, along with some that she must've picked out for me.

I toss them on the bed and put the box aside, and grab the next box. I hand him a box and tell him to open it and throw whatever's inside it on the bed too. We do that for two boxes each, still having about 20 boxes left. We started with the smallest boxes, and at this point I saw everything that I picked out, meaning that everything else was stuff Payton got me.

I open another box of clothes and dump it, and John opened a box and went dead silent. I turned to look at him and his face was extremely pale. "What's wrong JB??" I asked, trying to figure out what could've happened. He handed me the box, and I opened it and peered inside and burst out in a fit of laughter.

It was a box full of lingerie and victoria secret underwear. I didn't dump them for his sake but sat the box on my bed while still laughing. I hope they fit because I'm a pretty small person and she definitely doesn't know my size. I'm 5'6 with a pretty skinny build, with just enough ass and tits. Besides that, I am a stick.

He wasn't very eager to open any boxes anymore, which made me giggle. I hand him another box anyways, and let him open it. I grab one from the pile and open it, and it contains a bunch of scrunchies and seashell necklaces that I thought were super cute.

"So are we good now?.. I honestly didn't know.." he asked me, and I could feel his gaze burn into the side of my head. "We're fine, I overreacted a whole lot." I say, avoiding eye contact with him. I feel a sigh of relief leave his lips, and honestly, I feel relieved too. He grabs another box and opens it, pulling out a cute tube top that was a peachy color from inside.

"This would look cute on you, I think it's your color." he says with a goofy smile, tossing it into my lap.