xii. didn't mean it.

Začít od začátku

margo entered the bedroom, crossing the threshold as slowly as she could, almost as if she was afraid jeffrey would start to yell if she got too close. the girl found herself not being able to speak, she wanted to but no words ever formed. she stood right next to the bed with her hands clasped together behind her back, staring at the man with an anxious expression. the room fell silent, excluding the quiet sound of jeffrey's fingers typing against the keyboard, margo doesn't think she's ever heard silence quite this loud.

"j-jeffrey?" margo's timid voice spoke, there was a slight shakiness to her voice and jeffrey had to stop himself from asking why she sounded so scared, it was only him, she didn't have a reason to be. the man ignored her, his expression never twitched and his eyes stayed glued to the screen opened in front of him. margo bit her teeth into her bottom lip, her fingers beginning to scratch at the inside of her palms. margo swallowed the growing lump at the back of her throat, wondering if she should speak again or leave.

"jeffrey.. please talk to me. i'm sorry for what i said, that was really bad, a-and i shouldn't have said that, i didn't mean it, i promise i didn't mean it, i wouldn't have done that. you didn't do anything to me, i shouldn't have said it like that— i shouldn't have said it at all! and i'm really sorry, jeff." margo rambled on, desperate to find the right words to even grace how truly regretful she was of what she did. margo pouted her bottom lip out, feeling it start to wobble as jeffrey didn't move an inch, nor would he even look at her. margo sat on the bed beside him on her knees, digging them into the mattress below her.

"i'm sorry! i'm so, so sorry. i know you're mad at me and you have every right to be.. but please don't leave me." jeffrey glanced up at the girl at this, her tone dropped as she spoke those five words, her vision blurring with the tears that sprung up. "i-i don't know what i'd do without you.. you're like, my best friend and i don't wanna lose you, especially over something stupid i did. i know i can talk to you about anything, you make me feel safe a-and you tried so hard to make sure i wasn't scared when we were on the plane.. mom brought so many guys home after.. you know, he left, and they all did the same thing he did, you were the only one that ever stuck around for more than three weeks, and i know mom already ruined it, but i don't want to too. i know i'm annoying and i get really clingy sometimes, it probably annoys you and i'll try to work on that-"

"stop. margo, stop," jeffrey interrupted the girl from her long rambling apology speech, his expression softening at the sight of the tears slipping down her cheeks. margo sniffled, her hand reaching up to wipe away the wetness on her face. "i'm not leaving you. but listen, i'm not gonna tell you that everything is okay and baby you through this like i usually do.. margo, there was so many things wrong with what you said i don't even know where to begin. for starters, what if your mom heard you say that? we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. and second, i didn't do anything to you, that was fucked up to say, mar. i didn't force you into anything-"

"i know that!-"

"no, you listen! don't talk, just sit and listen for once," jeffrey stopped margo before she could really begin. the blonde sunk her shoulders forward at his sudden outburst and the harsh glare he was sending her way, though she nodded her head and closed her mouth, quickly deciding she would do what he says. "but that's how you made it sound. what, you were pissed at me? so you go and threaten that to me? that was not okay, margo. that was probably the worst shit you could've said. is that what you're gonna say every time we argue now?" jeffrey continued onwards, his eyebrows furrowing as he crossed his arms over his chest, leaning back against the bed frame. margo chewed on her bottom lip, her eyes glued to the man in front of her, when he raised his eyebrows in a questioning way margo grew confused.